brisdave83 (was drdave83)
Good photographers capture the light, better photographers capture the personality, but truly great photographers capture the soul.
I'm Dave and I'm a driven, busy, goal-oriented person who loves to experience unique adventures and spend time with treasured friends and family. Although I was born and raised in Brisbane with English as my first language (and an Aussie accent), I'm also proud of my Taiwanese heritage.
I come from a small family that's obsessed with gourmet food (my dad used to be a chef) and think there's nothing better than a perfectly cooked ribeye fillet and glass of South Australian red. I love to laugh and make people laugh to balance the seriousness of work and study - especially if it involves being cheeky and flippant!
I am a dreamer and a planner. On the rare occasions where I have time off, I like watching big fluffy clouds roll by, think about life over a colourful sunset, and camp out in the country to photograph stars, galaxies, and meteors fly overhead through the night while thinking about the universe.
My dream is to become a clinician-scientist where I can help individual patients as a medical doctor, contribute to society as a researcher, while also being a supportive father and family man. I've completed my PhD in biomedical engineering (already a doctor!), and I'm currently studying medicine, biostatistics, and executive leadership. In the future, I think I'd like to become an anaesthetist, intensivist, or emergency doctor. My life involves a lot of academic study, but I seem to enjoy it a lot more than most!
I've visited a few countries in Asia, Europe, and North America, and have spent time living in Adelaide, Sydney, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Salt Lake City in the USA. My favourite weather would be autumn in Utah: clear blue skies during the day, stunning colours on the trees, and big fluffy snowflakes at night... so beautiful :-)
At a glance
|Summary||brisdave83's details||brisdave83's ideal partner|
|Age||30 years old||21 - 33 yrs old|
|within 250km of Brisbane 4000|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
What I'm looking for
Someone smart, honest, witty, strong, and empathetic - with a great sense of humour.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Not fussy, but I particularly enjoy pop, rock, and classical.
- Mainly just medical textbooks and journals these days.
- Movies & TV
- I'm a fan of most popular movies and TV shows - except anything "reality".
- Tennis, Pilates, and long walks. Surfing and snowboarding (including two seasons with over 600 inches in Utah!) are my all-time favourite sports, though I don't have much time or opportunity for them these days.
- Other Interests
- First and foremost - people photography (especially wedding-style portraits of friends + family) and astrophotography (stars, galaxies, and nebulae). Otherwise, I love to dabble in cooking, baking, technology, research, fishing, star gazing, and just about anything else really.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if brisdave83 is online now.
- Get to know brisdave83 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: