brisdave83 (was drdave83)
Happy with life
I'm Dave and I'm a driven, busy, goal-oriented person who loves to experience unique adventures and spend time with treasured friends and family. Although I was born and raised in Brisbane with English as my first language (and an Aussie accent), I'm also proud of my Taiwanese heritage.
I come from a small family that's obsessed with gourmet food and think there's nothing better than a perfectly cooked ribeye and glass of South Australian red. I love to laugh and make people laugh.
I am a dreamer and a planner. On the rare occasions where I have time off, I like watching big fluffy clouds roll by, think about life over a colourful sunset, and watch the stars, planets, and meteors fly overhead through the night while thinking about the universe.
My dream career is to become a clinician-scientist where I can help individual patients as a medical doctor, and contribute to society as a researcher. I've completed my PhD in biomedical engineering (already a doctor!), and I'm currently studying medicine and biostatistics. At the moment, I think I'd really like to become an anaesthetist, neurosurgeon, or ophthalmologist. My life involves a lot of academic study, but I seem to enjoy it a lot more than most!
I've been lucky to have traveled to a few countries in Asia, Europe, and North America. I've also spent time living in Adelaide, Sydney, the San Francisco Bay Area, and Salt Lake City in the USA.
My life has been hectic with work, study, and travel, so I've never really had the opportunity for long term relationships in the past (no baggage!). I'll continue to be very busy in the future, but these days I prioritise and make time for the people who are important to me. If I happen to meet the right person then I'll be ready for a long-term relationship.
At a glance
|Summary||brisdave83's details||brisdave83's ideal partner|
|Age||30 years old||21 - 30 yrs old|
|Location||Brisbane, QLD||within 50km of Brisbane 4000|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own, Undecided|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Asian||North European, Other Caucasian, Asian, South European, East European, Mixed Race|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Degree|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
What I'm looking for
Someone smart, honest, witty, strong, and empathetic - with a great sense of humour.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Not fussy, but I particularly enjoy pop, rock, and classical.
- Mainly just medical textbooks and journals these days.
- Movies & TV
- I'm a fan of most popular movies and TV shows.
- Tennis, Pilates, and long walks. Surfing and snowboarding (including two seasons with over 600 inches in Utah!) are my all-time favourite sports, though I don't have much time or opportunity for them these days.
- Other Interests
- Cooking (well before MasterChef became trendy!) - my favourite three dishes would be dry salted caramel ice cream, roasted chicken wings, and pizza made from scratch. Piano, photography, and astronomy too.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if brisdave83 is online now.
- Get to know brisdave83 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 18 Dec '12