Don't think twice
I've recently returned to Brisbane after many years of travelling and working in the hospitality industry. My original plan was to settle down, return to university (a daunting idea at my age) and begin a career. Recently, however, my itchy feet and (let's face it) the aggressively mediocre state of this town has gotten the the better of me and I'm planning on shipping out in a few months to start some new adventures living in Canada.
I just thought I might check the waters for a prospective travel buddy or even just a new friend or two..
"Describe yourself" has turned into a bit of an obstacle so I'm just going to write some random and disjointed facts about myself.
I am loyal and honest almost to a fault, my friends say I wear my heart on my sleeve.
I love stories. Hearing other people's and writing my own. I have a (not so) secret ambition to write the next Australian classic.
I hate racism and any other kind of bigotry.
I think the siesta is a seriously undervalued concept outside of Spain.
I can't say no to beer or tequila.
I can't stand fake tans.
I love the ocean and have held the goal of learning to surf for far too long now.
On a similar note I love music and have held the goal of learning to play the guitar for far too long as well. I have decided that both these things are going to change this year.
If it were possible I would see a band play most nights of the week and attend a festival at least once a month.
Social media disturbs me slightly. I'm not on facebook due to the belief that it creates transient and artificial relationships. When did it suddenly become that difficult to write an email?
Women make me a little crazy, but mostly in a good way.
At a glance
|Summary||drh09's details||drh09's ideal partner|
|Age||32 years old||21 - 31 yrs old|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Personality||Social||Private, Very Social, Average, Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||Yes, have pets, No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Hospitality / Tourism / Travel|
What I'm looking for
A muse, partner in crime (hey, wouldn't be a RSVP profile without some type of cliche).. that sort of thing. Even a friend would be a great find. I'm giving this a go to meet people I usually wouldn't come across.
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- A few enduring favourites are Radiohead, Bloc Party, Arcade Fire,The Strokes, Joy Division, Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Nick Cave, Holly Throsby, Modest Mouse, The Veils..
- Always have a few novels on the go.. Have a bit of a classic short story thing happening at the moment- James Joyce's Dubliners and The Essential Hemmingway.
- Movies & TV
- I don't watch a lot of TV but have experienced a few indulgent box-set obsessions. Flight of The Conchords, Black Books, Breaking Bad, The Sopranos, Mad Men.. I don't get to the cinema nearly enough.
- Essendon member... love the Bombers. I'll miss the weekly visits to the mcg or docklands being back in Brisbane. I try to get out for a run a few times a week.
- Other Interests
- People, food, wine, adventure
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if drh09 is online now.
- Get to know drh09 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 05 Jun '13