Hey, I'm a friendly guy and I'd love to meet you! :)
I really struggle with this because I never know what to say about myself that others will find interesting, and I don't usually feel comfortable blowing my own trumpet, so to speak. I like to think of myself as very friendly, albeit a bit shy at first, person, who loves to socialize. I love my family dearly, and am very close to them, especially my young niece and nephew. I like to be very honest and open with people, and I like to think people are open and honest with me. Generally I'm a very positive person, I like to focus on the positives in any person or situation.
I like to think I'm well educated and thoughtful, I have qualifications and years of experience as a Social Worker. I love a good conversation about almost anything, and I also like occasionally like to generate a good healthy debate and challenge people, always respectfully though and never personal. At the moment I am looking for a bit of a career change, I've almost completed Post Grad study in Journalism.
There is one thing I want to put out there - because you'll notice this as soon as I walk up to you. I have a slight physical disability (although I hate using that word) called Spina Bifida. I don't need a carer, for the most part I'm just a 'normal' (again, I don't really like using that word) independent guy like any other. I actually consider myself to be extremely lucky, as many people I know who also have this have much more severe symptoms than myself, and I draw inspiration from those who are in a much worse situation than myself and still make the most of their lives. I'm just wanting to be honest, because it's a rather large part of who I am that wouldn't be obvious over the internet. If this bothers you then we aren't right for each other. But if it doesn't, I'd love to meet you.
At a glance
|Summary||friendlyguy2978's details||friendlyguy2978's ideal partner|
|Age||35 years old||25 - 40 yrs old|
|Location||South East (eg. Mount Gambier), SA||within 10km of Mount Gambier 5290|
|Height||5'4/162 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Volunteer / Charity / Community|
What I'm looking for
I'm looking for someone I click and connect with on an intellectual level, someone I can have a good thought provoking conversation with, and who shares similar interests. Someone who even challenges me. I like someone who is caring and compassionate, and who is sociable and fun to be around.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I'm a bit of a music nut actually, I love going to live music. I'd have to say my favorite music is quite heavy without being really death metal. Sort of grungy I guess, sometimes bordering on heavy metal. I like many other, mainly alternative, styles of music too.
- My taste in books varies too. Generally I like fantasy fiction and anything a bit quirky, but also horror and thriller, and sometimes other things depending on the book itself. Not really interested in romance novels though.
- Movies & TV
- I would say my main interests in movies are sci-fi, supernatural and horror, sometimes black comedy too. I like comedy shows too, always like a good laugh. I also like cult movies like Quentin Tarantino films, and occasionally I like foreign films too, I like a bit of culture.
- I'm not a sports player at all, but I do love to watch it. Probably the two that interest me the most are AFL and Cricket, and occasionally basketball or soccer.
- Other Interests
- I'm a deep thinker, often questioning life, society and the Universe.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if friendlyguy2978 is online now.
- Get to know friendlyguy2978 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 11 Mar '13