UncollaredToggenburg (was identityno44)
Bright-eyed Incandescent Belle Seeks Swashbuckling Daring Dandy for Derision and Critical Analysis of Everything.
If you are bright, sarcastic, effortlessly original, a contemptuous non-conformist, fearless with compassion, stridently principled, and a bit unruly with some basic gumption then we might get on.
I was an environmental researcher working both here as well as overseas, but gave that up as found the culture of self-importance, largely anti-intellectualism and corporate individualism too much to take. I amazingly managed to get a job just before the election, and need it to stay that way for a time while I stockpile financial weaponry.
I grew up rurally, so am painfully aware of what country Australia is like. I messed in with the worst of the country boys when growing up so there is a bit of that in me, but I totally don't relate to the country value set. I am very good at fixing things though, and love old cars.
Most of my peers are artists or social critics. Though what a strict minority we are - breaks my heart.
I'm in several classical choirs, and funnily enough these have become one of my peer groups. I have always been involved in creative pursuits, nothing special there. I despise copying, pretend originality & espoused memorised clever facts.
And thank you Pussy Riot for standing up to power and authority. And your contributions to social & political justice.
I am fixing up my old doll's house little by little. And dolefully musing on the huge pile of bricks I saved from the idiotic demolition over the road and pondering how I will use them in my totally aspirational extension plans.
I am a hard line non-conformist and generally despise groups and associated dogma. I link groups to weakness, sycophantism, despicable power & pathetic vanity.
I hate casual hookups. I love my cat and my family. I'm a bit fascinated with Russia. Hidden depths or something.
At a glance
|Summary||UncollaredToggenburg's details||UncollaredToggenburg's ideal partner|
|Age||46 years old||40 - 55 yrs old|
|Location||Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT||Within 250km of her|
|Body type||A bit overweight|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Widowed, Separated, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Education / Science|
What I'm looking for
Didn't I do that above? I do love a shock of hair, a precipitous gaze, a straight back, a commanding air and a curled lip. And not lily white hands. I grew up fixing cars as part of my family's stoic and perverse self-sufficiency vision. I have zero tolerance for urban insipidness.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Classical. Choral. Indie. Jazz. Psytrance. The venerable Nick Cave. Natalie Merchant. Joanna Newsom. Massive Attack. Ani di Franco til I saw her in her recent concert. The Hilliard Ensemble. The Gotan Project. Radiohead. Free improvised music.
- Romantic trashy novels - I'm keeping the public library going while I wade through their collection of literary giants on this front.
- Movies & TV
- I hate that word 'movies' so much that I cannot go on in this section. Films, please. I just saw Wadjda it was wonderful. The Budapest Hotel was fantastic. Violette however took the cake as part of the french film festival. The recent Pussy Riot documentary - best thing I have seen for ages.
- No way - I hate sport. Though I like walking and riding my bike to work but that is hardly sport.
- Other Interests
- Maintaining the rage. One way or another.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if UncollaredToggenburg is online now.
- Get to know UncollaredToggenburg safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: