Contents may vary
I moved to Perth about a year ago and it still feels like a holiday.
I work for an engineering consultancy which is pretty geeky but there's no heavy lifting involved and I'm lucky that my career has taken me to lots of interesting places but there's always more to see, I'm hoping/planning to see a lot more of Western Australia and maybe some of Indonesia/ SE Asia this year.
I like to spend my spare time productively, either fixing things (mainly a 40 year old car), training or socialising. I usually exercise every day but would never be seen dead in a gym (it looks a bit too 'road to wellville' for me). Similarly if my weekends don't have a decent mixture of activity and socialising I think I've done something wrong. I'm also learning to kitesurf- I've got to the being dragged/catapulted around the river phase. Coming from the UK I can't get over how awesome (and warm) the indian ocean is and I haven't even tried to learn surfing yet .
I don't want to give the wrong impression, I can veg out on the sofa or enjoy a lay in just as much as the next man. I wouldn't say I'm a great cook but I enjoy cooking for others, especially if it's semi experimental.
I'm not here to put anyone on a pedestal or treat anyone like a doormat. I'm looking for for an equal partnership with someone to share life's ups and downs with, to go travelling with or just to hang out with. I wouldn't expect a partner to share all or many of my interests but I'm really looking for someone with a similar outlook. One of my favourite aussie expressions is 'not sweating the small stuff', it's definitely a good motto I try to live by.
I'm not the sort of bloke who thinks pestering/chatting up randoms in a pub a good strategy so I thought I'd give this a try.
At a glance
|Summary||layercake's details||layercake's ideal partner|
|Age||40 years old||34 - 42 yrs old|
|Location||Perth, WA||within 50km of North Perth 6006|
|Body type||Athletic||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|Height||6'1/185 cm||5'2/157 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering|
What I'm looking for
Funny, adventurous, kind, intelligent. Own hair and teeth. That about sums it up.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- The vaccines, band of horses, garbage, foo fighters, muse, kings of leon, chilli peppers, michael nyman. Just discovered the Raveonettes- they rule!
- Elmore Leonard, Iain M Banks, Christopher Brookmyre
- Movies & TV
- Miller's crossing is my favorite film
- running,kite surfing, mountain biking, cycling, swimming, tennis, squash, sailing, body boading
- Other Interests
- motorcycles, woodwork, tinkering with old cars, socialising
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if layercake is online now.
- Get to know layercake safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: