Contents may vary
Part welsh, part irish, part lucky idiot. My secret superpower is that I can divide the contents of a half empty wine bottle equally in one pour. I'm still working on how this can be used to defeat master criminals.
I work for an engineering consultancy which is pretty geeky but there's no heavy lifting involved and I'm lucky that my career has taken me to lots of interesting places but there's always more to see, I'm hoping/planning to see a lot more of Western Australia and maybe some of Indonesia/ SE Asia this year.
I like to exercise most days and if my weekends don't have a decent mixture of activity and socialising I think I've done something wrong. I'm just getting into tennis at the moment and i run/swim /cycle to keep sane and in shape.
I don't want to give the wrong impression, I can veg out on the sofa or enjoy a lay in just as much as the next man. I wouldn't say I'm a great cook but I enjoy cooking for others, especially if it's semi experimental.
I'm not here to put anyone on a pedestal or treat anyone like a doormat. I'm looking for an equal partnership with someone to share life's ups and downs with, to go travelling with or just to hang out with. I wouldn't expect a partner to share all or many of my interests but I'm really looking for someone with a similar outlook. One of my favourite aussie expressions is 'not sweating the small stuff', it's definitely a good motto I try to live by.
I'm not the sort of bloke who thinks pestering/chatting up randoms in a pub a good strategy so I thought I'd give this a try.
At a glance
|Summary||layercake's details||layercake's ideal partner|
|Age||41 years old||34 - 43 yrs old|
|Location||Perth, WA||within 50km of North Perth 6006|
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Height||6'1/185 cm||5'2/157 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering|
What I'm looking for
Funny, adventurous, kind, intelligent. Own hair and teeth. That about sums it up as a prerequisite. Sporty would be good too.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- The vaccines, band of horses, garbage, foo fighters, muse, kings of leon, chilli peppers, michael nyman, the Raveonettes and the stereophonics. Generally not rap or Rn'B
- Elmore Leonard, Iain M Banks, Christopher Brookmyre. I'd never thought i'd enjoy historical factual books but i've discovered they can be more gripping and downright scary than any fiction.
- Movies & TV
- Miller's crossing is my favorite film. Dont watch much TV, except Mythbusters, Family guy and pretty much any documentary. No reality shows though.
- Running,kite surfing, mountain biking, cycling, swimming, tennis, squash, sailing, just got back into body boarding
- Other Interests
- motorcycles, woodwork, tinkering with old cars, socialising
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if layercake is online now.
- Get to know layercake safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: