"Most of us pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that we hurry past it." I want to linger - with an intelligent, adventurous, passionate man of principle.
I live in a semi-rural area and I love the privacy. I can play my music loud when I want and belt it out with Janis, Etta or Amy - or drift silently on the beauty and purity of Leonard's words. This is a physically beautiful region but I miss 4 definite seasons, open fires, exotic trees - places of high altitude.
I enjoy my own company, but also love spending time with my 2 beautiful children my extended family and close friends - preparing/sharing good food, good wine, good music, stimulating/amusing and sometimes challenging conversation as well as tear producing laughter with people I love - perfect.
Travel's important - it's about the people I meet, the relationships I make rather than box-ticking landmarks. I've lived in Greece - my current love is Italy - for the people, the food, the wine, the passion, music, art, architecture, festivals, opera and jazz in the vineyards throughout summer.
Work has just finished - the restructure begins. Downsize!!
I'm tolerant, philosophical, passionate, compassionate, independent, tenacious, practical, analytical and creative.
I realise we all have a past and with that comes "baggage" - it's our experiences and how we manage them that determines who we become.
I value high self esteem and strength of character - I want to hear your opinions and don't expect you'll always agree with mine. I love clever banter - a witty sense of humour.
Like most of us at this age I've had some life-changing experiences - some wonderful - some incredibly painful and it's those that have had the greatest impact - challenging me emotionally, spiritually and physically - but also giving me the greatest opportunity for change to occur. The ability to continue adapting, changing and growing through life's challenges is very important to me.
At a glance
|Summary||livethemoment1's details||livethemoment1's ideal partner|
|Age||61 years old||57 - 70 yrs old|
North Coast, NSW
(Often in the Hunter)
|Body type||Slim||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Widowed||Separated, Divorced, Widowed, Single|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Personality||Social||Social, Private, Average|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||No strong beliefs, Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
What I'm looking for
I want you to be my best friend, my confidant, my lover. I want to share a life with you - emotionally, physically, intellectually. I want to laugh and sometimes cry with you. I want your smile to warm me. Your kiss to thrill me. Your touch to take my breath away . . . .
- Male, for a relationship
- Love it live. leonard cohen, van morrison, dylan, janis, gotan project, beirut, nina, billie, ella ,etta, cowboy junkies, amy winehouse, rodriguez. Lots of room for classical and opera. Music that's played with or creates emotion!
- Manuals for my ride on and brush cutter - sad but true - on a regular basis. Non fiction - currently Art, Design, Travel, Psychology, Neuroplasticity. Lazy Saturday mornings with the Herald. Fiction - Rankin, Maitland, McEwan.
- Movies & TV
- L'Amant, Breakfast on Pluto, Very Annie Mary, The Visitor, Four Minutes, Paris, Little Ashes, The Girl in the Café, Before Sunrise, Before Sunset, Before Midnight - all beautiful! & TV - Grand Designs, Q&A, QI, Gruen Planet, Insight, RocKwiz, Big Bang Theory.
- Some swimming, cycling, walking. Digging in the garden. Does endurance brush cutting count?? - I'd clean up in a masters event!! Climbing trees & sometimes getting onto the roof to rescue the cat - just about covers it. Senior school team sports has put me off personal involvement for life!
- Other Interests
- Art galleries, book stores, cosy cafes, old gardens, C19th Aust. architecture, C21st architecture. Conversation - amusing/challenging. Writing. Social justice. People/things that make me laugh - my friends, my children, my mum - used to.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if livethemoment1 is online now.
- Get to know livethemoment1 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 15 Apr '14