(Insert a pertinent marketing slogan to appear intelligent yet non-threatening, interested but not desperate, funny but not intimidating)
Bright, courteous and charming (sounding somewhat like a school motto at the moment) lady has somehow found herself in a sea of slackers or else surrounded by friends who have bred...
Independent and frightfully intelligent, I have been known to chat comfortably with the worlds leading physicists, carpenters and artists, and I never shy away from participating in conversation one needs both hands to hold onto.
Known for my baking skills and fearless compassion I am looking for a kind and clever gent to distract me from my workaholic tendencies and encourage me to smell the roses - that being said I may have just discovered I'm allergic to grass - so curb your enthusiasm.
I'm always keen to be delighted by new people, new experiences, new ideas - I fear apathy and complacency - and think the most valuable asset a person can have is their curiosity in things outside themselves.
I'm also mildly hilarious: If Nigella Lawson, Tina Fey, Dita Von Teese had a baby - well let's put it this way - that would be a MAJOR demonstration of scientific brilliance - but also I would also be that hypothetical baby. But older. i.e. not of a baby age. Of adult age.
Yes, I'm keen to find a quick-witted sparring-partner to banter with.
A tireless seeker of big ideas, a passionate man-loving feminist and a bold crusader within my field, I'm looking for a best friend/partner to wrestle life's intricacies with - one who is fearless in his generosity, yet careful with other people's hearts.
If you'd like to find out more, you should dazzle me with an unforgettable approach...
(N.B charm, eloquence and a non-TXTSPK approach preferred.)
At a glance
|Summary||oldfashionedgirl's details||oldfashionedgirl's ideal partner|
|Age||33 years old||34 - 40 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - City, NSW||within 50km of Sydney 2000|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||at least 5'9/175 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Undecided||Want (more) children of my own, Undecided|
|Personality||Social||Average, Very Social, Social|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian||North European, Other Caucasian, Other|
|Religion||Atheist||Other, Atheist, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Healthcare / Medical, Financial Services, Consulting, IT / Telecoms, Legal, Government, Accounting|
|Job role||Senior Management||Professional, Executive, Business Owner, Senior Management, Management, Technical|
What I'm looking for
He is generous, kind, energetic, articulate, self-confident without being arrogant, emotionally intelligent & available, employed and who knows who he is and isn't afraid to actively pursue his dreams. He has a sense of curiosity, altruism and patience.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I like it all (top 5s leave no room for genre diversity.) I like Opera, I like Symphonies, 80s punk, 90s grunge, 00's singer/songwriters and heavy metal/industrial music.. Pearl Jam, Counting Crows, PJ Harvey, Rage Against the Machine, Dead Kennedys, Bobby Darren, Horrorshow, Radiohead
- Yes. I read. A lot. Mainly plays, but I love non-fiction for pleasure reading especially philosophy, ethics, sociology, biography and history: I read the newspaper whenever possible and I am fascinated by literary criticism.
- Movies & TV
- I don't own a TV. I like classic films, and going to the cinema... Here's a small sample: indicative but not exhaustive: Some Like It Hot, Midnight Cowboy, American Beauty, Breakfast at Tiffanys, Psycho, Tootsie, The Big Lebowski, Fight Club
- Not really into it: though really love Henry Rollins' description of weightlifting.
- Other Interests
- Other people. Baking Bread. Tricky conversations.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if oldfashionedgirl is online now.
- Get to know oldfashionedgirl safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 23 May '13