Life's too short to dance with ugly guys.
My best friends are somewhat insane and I maintain the belief that "normal" is only a term for a relatively common form of insanity. That said, a lot of people consider me a down-to-earth and stable person.
I enjoy comfortable silences as well as hysteric fits of laughter; both discussions on the merits of the latest EU environmental policies and which three wishes you would choose for yourself from the genie in the bottle.
I'm a third year Environmental Engineering student at Melbourne uni. I get asked what that means. A lot. So. Right now I've been doing water related stuff; contaminant hydrogeology, water and wastewater management and environmental modelling but I'm also interested in pollution and remediation of water, land and air. I'm quite opinionated regarding the environment (although I'm a happy meat-eater and very far from a militant vegan!) so if you think that climate change is a scam and that we don't really need biodiversity, chances are we're not going to get along particularly well. We might have very interesting discussions though.
I'm addicted to reading and rarely watch TV. If you've seen a movie, chances are I'll say "Oh, no, haven't seen it. Read the book though". I love that with every person who reads a book there's a separate universe created. Imagine a book read by millions of people! That's millions of alternative faces of the characters, millions of smiles, mannerisms, laughter. All that is just bound down in one when you translate it to film. Often a good one, admittedly, but still just one. Anyway. What was I talking about? I digress easily.
So, I'm looking for friends or more than that. I find dating a bit weird as I'd rather get to know someone first and then decide whether I'd like to sleep with them or not... so, start with a hi?
At a glance
|Summary||somenannan's details||somenannan's ideal partner|
|Age||24 years old||18 - 30 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - City, VIC||AUSTRALIA|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Average, Slim, A bit overweight|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||under 5'0/152 cm - over 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Undecided||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||Vegetarian, Other special diet, No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
Somebody who follows my brain jumps. Somebody who challenges the way I look at the world and shows me colours I haven't seen. Someone to cook dinners with, travel with, snuggle with, have coffee with and hold hands with. Maybe not all at once, as that may result in hot coffee being spilled.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I'm happy with anything pop-ish, generally. Listen to Swedish music but also fun., Mika, Simon&Garfunkel, Cat Stevens, The Kinks and lots more.
- A lot. I like John Irving, Oscar Wilde, William Golding and many more. Trying to read my way around the world by finding one author from each country. At the moment Iceland and South Korea are coming up!
- Movies & TV
- Rarely (never?) watch TV, but I like How I met your mother. As for movies, just about anything but horror or action is fine by me.
- Rugby, scuba diving, occasional and very shitty surfer, I like sea kayaking, skiing and sometimes climbing,
- Other Interests
- Taking long walks in nature, collecting meaningful memories, singing in the Melbourne uni choir.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if somenannan is online now.
- Get to know somenannan safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 20 May '13