Mature, happy and balanced with both eyes on the horizon!
I care about everything and everyone - some more than others! - and am blessed to be able to spend my life writing about them and about all aspects of the incredible and fascinating human condition.
I love people who love life, who create, who laugh and cry, who touch, ponder, learn, wonder, who want to know, do and be! I love people who can laugh and look at themselves, who are positive yet humble and who can see, sense and feel.
I am English born and raised as a 'gentleman' to treat women with respect and romance. I also find it hard to write where every line begins with 'I', however I guess I must for a brief moment!
I am told I am a well educated, well-dressed, well-spoken and successful man who has been fortunate to have travelled widely, enabling me to put my own life into clear perspective, with both eyes on the world and countless dreams calling me to positive, creative action.
A fridge magnet message given to me by my youngest daughter 'because it sums me up', proclaims, 'You are only young once but you can be a little immature indefinitely!' (yet of course, still serious and responsible!)
I am 'so very lucky' to have never been hungry, to have met and interviewed a wealth of amazing, beautiful people all over the world and to have collected a treasure trove of fabulous experiences with, I trust, much more to come.
I am 'so very lucky' to have three terrific children and three beautiful, small and quite edible grandchildren to whom I try to teach tennis so one day I can be their 'manager' and watch them raise the trophy at Wimbledon, then race up the hallowed stands to hug me...and give me the cheque!!! (C'monnnnnn!... why not?)
At a glance
|Summary||soverylucky's details||soverylucky's ideal partner|
|Age||60 years old||45 - 58 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - West, NSW||within 75km of Sydney 2000|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'2/157 cm - 5'8/172 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Relationship status||Widowed||Divorced, Separated, Widowed, Single|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine, Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||East European, Other Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino, North European, South European|
|Religion||Buddhist, Atheist, Other Christian, Anglican, Catholic|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Degree||Diploma, Post Graduate, Some college, Degree|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
What I'm looking for
A gentle lady, attractive both inside and out; soft and sensitive, tactile and tender with a good sense of humour, fun and adventure. Someone who loves people, life and learning; who still holds on to some special dreams and is happy to see what develops from friendship.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Male or Female, for friendship or companionship
- A vast range of styles from classical to pop and jazz to blues. Love Vivaldi, Elton; Celtic to Strauss; The Beatles, Stones, Pink.... everything except techno, heavy metal, rap and other such irritating noise!
- Again, a vast range of tastes from Picoult to Steinbeck and Courtenay to Dylan Thomas.
- Movies & TV
- Not a great movie fan but do enjoy Aussie period films and good foreign films on SBS. As a journalist I am addicted to news and documentaries and I love quality comedy shows, especially British ones and I confess to an addiction to the UK series 'Home and Away - a Place in the Sun'.
- I'm not a fanatic but I enjoy watching tennis, cricket, soccer, league and union but sadly hardly ever get to see a live game (maybe this year?). The only sport I still play is tennis, which I love, especially when I can play someone who is bad - but who can still get the ball back over the net!!!
- Other Interests
- Travel....can't get enough of it with my favourite countries being Italy, France and England. Also, world affairs; relaxing with my family and friends; cruising in my car; bushwalking in the spectacular Blue Mountains where I have lived for many years..... and of course, my writing.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if soverylucky is online now.
- Get to know soverylucky safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online: