Mature, happy and balanced with one foot on the ground and both eyes on the horizon!
I care about everything and everyone - some more than others! - and am blessed to have been able to spend my life writing about them and about all aspects of the incredible and fascinating human condition.
I love people who love life, who create, who laugh and cry, who touch, ponder, learn, wonder, who want to know, do and be! I love people who can laugh and look at themselves, who are positive yet humble and who can see, sense and feel.
I find it hard to write where every line begins with 'I', however I guess I must for a brief moment!
I am told I am a well educated, well-dressed, well-spoken and successful man and I have been fortunate to have travelled widely, enabling me to put my own life into clear perspective. I've always had both eyes on the world and countless dreams calling me to positive, creative action.
A fridge magnet message given to me by my youngest daughter 'because it sums me up', proclaims, 'You are only young once but you can be immature indefinitely!' (yet of course, still serious and responsible!)
I am 'so very lucky' to have never been hungry, to have travelled extensively, to have met and interviewed such a wealth of amazing, beautiful people all over the world and to have collected a treasure trove of fabulous experiences, with I trust, much more to come.
I am 'so very lucky' to have three beautiful children and three small, quite edible grandchildren who I take every week to play tennis, so one day I can be their 'manager' and watch them raise the trophy at Wimbledon, then race up the hallowed stands to hug me!!! (C'monnnnnn!... why not?)
At a glance
|Summary||soverylucky's details||soverylucky's ideal partner|
|Age||59 years old||48 - 58 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - West, NSW||within 75km of Sydney 2000|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'2/157 cm - 5'8/172 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially|
|Relationship status||Single||Divorced, Single, Widowed, Separated|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children living at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||Other Caucasian, South European, East European, Hispanic / Latino, North European|
|Religion||Atheist, Catholic, Buddhist, Other Christian, Anglican|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Degree||Some college, Post Graduate, Diploma, Degree|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
What I'm looking for
A special lady who is attractive both inside and out; someone who loves people, life and learning and who holds on to some special, realistic dreams. She must be gentle, soft, tactile, tender and tolerant with a good sense of humour, integrity and a working knowledge of the word 'romance'!.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I have quite diverse tastes ranging from Elton John to Vivaldi, The Stones to Wagner, Lady Ga Ga, Pink, the Four Seasons, The Beatles (of course!) Neil Young, but I need counselling after hearing 'rap or techno noise!
- Again, a wide range including Wilbur Smith, Bryce Courtenay, Jodi Picoult, Steinbeck and of course.... Dylan Thomas. Also non fiction on world history and influential people etc
- Movies & TV
- I'm not a terrific movie fan but I do like period films and some of the classics, however as a journalist I'm addicted to all news programmes and spend endless hours watching them, current affairs, documentaries.. oh and 'A Place in the Sun'.
- I enjoy most sports particularly cricket as well as tennis and rugby league or union, but I don't really understand Australian Rules (or seemingly the lack thereof!)
- Other Interests
- Travel and more travel.... can't get enough of it to fulfill the cravings!. My favourite places are Italy, France and England. Also the countryside, nature, home improvements, gardening, world affairs, cruising in my car, my adorable grandchildren and of course....writing.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if soverylucky is online now.
- Get to know soverylucky safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 19 May '13