Hello, What's the difference between an optimist and a pessimist?
Happy and content 60 year old retired male.
Returned to Sydney after 20 years living down the southcoast of NSW and am slightly bewildered at how much has changed here.While I miss the coastal life, Sydney has so much to offer and though I am fairly independent, it is nicer to have company.
Divorced, but with no residual baggage, I have probably made a few mistakes along the way, but at our age if you haven't made some mistakes, then you really haven't made anything.
Looking for someone to share some of the things this amazing city has to offer,
someone who is independent, has their own interests,but would like to find and share some new ones, as they say,pleasure shared is pleasure doubled. I also like to get into the country now and again either camping (definitely 2**) or staying in a cabin (5*****) bushwalking, fishing or exploring little out of the way places.
Almost forgot, an optimist is someone who believes we live in the "best of all possible worlds" and a pessimist is someone who thinks the optimist just might be right!
At a glance
|Summary||stephen11's details||stephen11's ideal partner|
|Age||62 years old||50 - 65 yrs old|
|Location||Canterbury / Bankstown, NSW||Within 100km of his|
|Body type||Slim||Athletic, Average, A bit overweight, Slim|
|Height||6'2/188 cm||5'2/157 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Trying to quit||Regularly, Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Separated, Single, Widowed, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children||Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours|
|Personality||Private||Social, Average, Private, Very Private|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian||Other Caucasian|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, Swinging voter, No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Non-drinker, Occasionally / socially, Often|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet, Vegetarian|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|Education level||High School||Degree, Diploma, Some college, High School|
What I'm looking for
Looking for a friend/companion/lover, hopefully, who is honest,open,GSOH, likes the quiet times and the adventurous, likes their own space respected and can reciprocate. If the chemistry is right and we click in that 'particular' way,it would be great,but not essential, a good friend is a rare find.
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- Classical music mainly but anything good. I am passionate about music of the renaissance Love ABC radio fm particularly Emma Ayers,Julia Lester,Marion Arnold.
- Avid reader. Anything that takes my fancy. Currently reading Bernard Cornwell's King Arthur trilogy.(love the character of Merlin) Saturdays herald (takes me about a week)
- Movies & TV
- Any movie that is well made,with sympathetic characters. Last watched and enjoyed immensly "The Way" (Martin Sheen). Dont watch much tv,mainly listen to radio,although do enjoy ABC documentaries (anything with 'whispering Dave' Attenborough) and most BBC period drama.
- Dont have much interest apart from the odd 'farnarcle' Although saying that I can watch cricket and rugby league (from the safety of lounge) I have just added 'meandering' to my long list of sporting achievements as I find I do it more now days...perhaps it's an age thing.
- Other Interests
- Spend a lot my time either playing or listening to music. I like to spend time down the south coast of NSW camping and fishing. Staying in dog friendly caravan parks. Live concerts when I can afford it. Antique shops and auctions (if! I can keep my hands in my pocket).
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if stephen11 is online now.
- Get to know stephen11 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 09 Nov '13