Life is a voyage of exploration and adventure; one designed to be shared.
The term 'Viking', contrary to popular belief, is actually a journey, a voyage, a right of passage if you will, undertaken by the Early Medieval Scandinavian peoples to prove themselves worthy. It is not a person, not even a group of people, but rather an amalgamation of experiences that make someone who they are. In many ways, this is life in a physical expression.
Philosophies aside, I like to think of myself as someone with an open mind, ready to explore new things and excited to expand my knowledge of the world around me. I also like to voice my opinion when I feel it necessary, and definitely do not sugar coat anything; I do, in turn, expect the same from others, and have great respect for people who do so.
It has been said that I am a hopeless romantic, and I guess this is true when I think about it. I envisage myself as the knight in shining armour, and like to uphold the virtues of chivalry when I can. However, in the waning light of the world, these seem harder and harder to keep, and less again so to be expected or respected. Regardless, to give up on hope is to give up all together.
After reading all of that, it may not surprise you that I am a historical re-enactor; focused on 9th Century Norway; or the Viking Age, I read historical documentation, trawl through records and archives, look at artifacts from excavations of burial sites, then recreate what I find and go off in to the forest with people of the same ilk and camp-out in an authentic manner, similar to what would have been over a thousand years ago.
I also have a 'normal' life, too; primarily being in IT, and have run my own business in the past. I am still searching for my 'dream job', but I revel in the comfort that I at least know what I "don't" want to do with the rest of my life.
At a glance
|Summary||viking83's details||viking83's ideal partner|
|Age||29 years old||25 - 29 yrs old|
|Body type||Slim||Slim, Athletic, Average|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||under 5'0/152 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own, Undecided|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||South European, East European, Other Caucasian, North European|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Non-drinker||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Some college|
What I'm looking for
Someone who has some decent idea of who they are, and has gone through the trials and tribulations of life to come to this conclusion. You don't have to exactly know the life you want to live, but be someone who has been scarred, come out on top, and willing to go again to find out life together.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I will listen to anything that isn't thrashing of instruments and screaming in to a microphone. Play me something and I'll tell you if I like it or not.
- More interested in historically contexted works, rather than anything fiction.
- Movies & TV
- Documentaries, both history and natural world are equally as fascinating, and I love cooking shows; always try out the recipes too, when I can. I watch the occasional TV series that provoke thought and meaning; so anything like Jersey Shore and tripe like that is most certainly out.
- Will watch cricket if there is nothing else to do on a summer's day, and the first corner of a car race for the crashes, but although I was born and bred in Melbourne, I cannot stand AFL. I participate in historical martial arts and sword play weekly, as it's something different and challenging.
- Other Interests
- I am a historical re-enactor, focused on 9th Century Norway; or the Viking Age. I read historical documentation, trawl through records and archives, look at artifacts from excavations of burial sites, then recreate them as accurately as is possible these days. It is good to relearn the lost arts.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited email
- During the contact period you can also chat if viking83 is online now.
- Get to know viking83 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 11 Dec '12