Walking a new road. Wanting company.
Turning 30 in a couple of weeks, I have realised that most of what I have been doing so far in life has been lack-luster, un-challenging and essentially lead me nowhere.
As a result I have completely changed my life direction and am currently studying a pre-apprenticeship course at TAFESA to become an electrician. I find it challenging, exciting, and the aspect of working with thousands of volts of electricity is just thrilling!
Most of my working life has been in IT, including starting up my own business, but with the market forever changing, it became more hassle than it was worth, and ultimately brought me to this life changing thought to do something completely different.
I am an upfront and honest guy, if even a bit frank, and enjoy debating controversial topics for the pure notion of hearing other people's opinions and challenging their convictions.
I enjoy spending time with individuals, rather than being in a large group, as I feel it allows people to be themselves more, without the stigmatic need to 'fit in' to a scene. I have always been described as unique and strange in my philosophies, but for good or bad, I take that as a compliment.
My ideal leisure time would be doing something particularly left field, preferably something I have not done much of, if not at all. Rock climbing and caving have always been an entertaining and adventurous past time, but I have never really found anyone with an interest in joining me. Perhaps you will?
I am usually a happy-go-lucky guy with plans and motivations to get on top of life and change it for the better. I would really love for you to walk this new path with me.
Have a wonderful day! :)
At a glance
|Summary||viking83's details||viking83's ideal partner|
|Age||30 years old||25 - 30 yrs old|
|Location||Adelaide - North & North Eastern Suburbs, SA||Within 50km of his|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||at most 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Relationship status||Single||Divorced, Single|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own, Undecided|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||North European, South European, East European, Other Caucasian|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Non-drinker||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|Education level||Some college|
|Industry||Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering|
What I'm looking for
Someone who has some decent idea of who they are, and has gone through the trials and tribulations of life to come to this conclusion. You don't have to exactly know the life you want to live, but be someone who has been scarred, come out on top, and willing to go again to find out life together.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I will listen to anything that isn't thrashing of instruments and screaming in to a microphone. Play me something and I'll tell you if I like it or not.
- More interested in historical context works, rather than anything fiction. Scientific/Engineering books also adorn my shelves.
- Movies & TV
- Documentaries, both history and natural world are equally as fascinating, and I love cooking shows; always try out the recipes too, when I can. I watch the occasional TV series that provoke thought and meaning; so anything like Jersey Shore and tripe like that is most certainly out.
- Will watch cricket if there is nothing else to do on a summer's day, and the first corner of a car race for the crashes, but although I was born and bred in Melbourne, I cannot stand AFL. I participate in historical martial arts and sword play weekly, as it's something different and challenging.
- Other Interests
- I am a historical re-enactor, focused on 9th Century Norway; or the Viking Age. I read historical documentation, trawl through records and archives, look at artifacts from excavations of burial sites, then recreate them as accurately as is possible these days. It is good to relearn the lost arts.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if viking83 is online now.
- Get to know viking83 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 13 Jun '14