Novellagirl (was MJBunnylove)
- Last online:
- 21 Oct '16
Headline“Writer girl seeks bookish boy”
Once upon a time there was a girl who believed in fairy tales. She especially liked Rapunzel, but she got nits in Grade 2 and her mother chopped her long, lustrous locks off. To make matters worse, the boy she had a private crush on in Grade 6( and shared her Crayola crayons with everyday for 4 long years) told her his heart lay with another girl ( who is now gay, partnered and lives with their three Pomeranian fur-babies in Vancouver). Go figure. :)
So instead of love she believed in other things....as a child she believed in Santa Claus long after it was socially acceptable. She also believed that Crunchie Bars could change the colour of her day when she ate one ( refer the lame 80's ad, with the video montage beaming out of your body when you ate one...she wanted to turn into the Cyndi Lauper chick, dancing up a storm in her bubble skirt and electrified crimped hair). She filled her life with fun, challenge and adventure, hiking up mountains, living in remote places, studying, back-packing overseas, writing short stories ( some good, some bad, some published) unfinished novels, poetry, poetry-slamming. She is currently working on a literary novella.
The girl now is almost 40 and all her hair has grown back ( and look, no more nits!). I don't really think I believe in fairytales ( except re-written ones where women do not need to be rescued by a man), but I do believe there is someone that I can click with and hopefully wake up each morning with a huge smile and think "You're pretty darn cool". ( well most days of the week anyway :))
So where are you my independent, dashing post-modern Prince Charming?
PS Prince Charming must not be driven by materialistic things... If you love books, art or music or all of the above you could be the very yin to my yang.
At a glance
|Age||41 years old||35 - 44 yrs old|
|Location||Central Coast & Surrounds, NSW||Within 50km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Separated, Divorced, Single|
|Smoking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Personality||Social||Average, Social, Very Social|
|Body type||Slim||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Undecided||Undecided, Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours, Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine, Want (more) children of my own|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||Yes, have pets, No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Degree||Post Graduate, Degree, Some college, Diploma|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Humorous, intelligent, independent, humble, quietly confident and has emotional intelligence. Someone passionate/curious about life & people, a touch creative, has a social/environmental conscience. An 'inner calm', a huge smile and cooking skills would totally rock my world.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Gosling, Gomez, Ben Folds, Ballpark Music, Vampire Weekend, Maximo Park, Spoon, Andy Bull, London Grammar, Alt-J, Laura Marling, The Delta Riggs, The Avalanches, Radiohead, love electro-swing. Love seeing live bands. Eclectic tastes, like classical stuff- love love music!
- I love reading, get super excited about books. literary fiction and non-.fiction, especially short stories. This year the novels I've got excited about are Rhubarb by Craig Silvey, Lorrie Moore, Charlotte Woods Pieces of a girl made me gasp and swoon and sigh. Getting lost in a good book is sexy as.
- Movies & TV
- Amelie (wish I cold be reborn as Audrey Tautu :) ), Touching the Void, Melancholia, Donnie Darko, Candy, Rake, Frontline, Chris Lilley series. I don't have a TV by choice but if I did I'd be watching the ABC/ SBS. French/ indie films, foreign films anything a bit thought-provoking.
- Love bushwalking and long-distance hiking and have done some cool hikes around the world. Avid cyclist. Reading on the beach which should be a recognised sport. :) Drunk Jenga. Play the worst game of Chess you've ever seen, totally amusing to watch.
- Other Interests
- Banana smoothies. Proficient in burning all five food groups. Painting, drawing, writing, reading, writing. An unfinovella. Thanks predictive text. :)Expressive art. wild remote landscapes-vast red deserts, huge mountains etc. The word sangfroid. Spontaneous and crazy adventures.