63, Female, Divorced, Melbourne City, VIC
- Last online:
- 21 Feb '18
HeadlineWarm, well-travelled, emotionally intelligent, eclectic interests, good sense of humour. Down to earth values. Love family life & have a social conscience
Not many things I'm not interested in-have a curious mind. Travelled lots of Europe, some of Asia & North America. Love to see Central & South America & more of Asia. Prefer to travel & live as a local - not as a tourist. Make regular trips to UK family.
Worked in marketing for most of my career (professions, financial services & hospitality), also ran my own business on 2 occasions. Now work as a professional in academia (my tree change job). Like my work. Work/life balance very important to me.
Enjoy home life & love cooking - always exploring new recipes & food.You will find me at Vic Market most weeks-mainly eat fish and seafood. Don't eat red meat.Exploring vegetarian options.
My garden is relaxing & evolving - I have landscaped it from scratch over the last few years; previously helped to create a mud brick house; love animals-have 2 cute, affectionate cats-love to have a dog or more-depending on environment.
Strong commitment to social justice & gain great satisfaction in helping others in some small way.
Enjoy spirited conversation, lots of laughter (dry, English & irreverent sense of humour!) & exploring new ideas.
Passionate about people & causes.Tactile, romantic, caring & supportive.
Long term-would consider exploring the idea of outer-suburban/country lifestyle.Not looking to rush into anything but nice to share experiences and explorations with someone.
Looking for someone with at least some similar interests, shared values & who is easy to be with, caring, tactile & energetic and comfortable with himself & in all social situations. Please don't contact if married or in a relationship. I'm beyond games & deception. I'm in no hurry & companionship is more important.
At a glance
|Age||63 years old||58 - 70 years old|
|Location||Melbourne City, VIC||Within 50km|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Divorced, Single, Widowed|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||5'8/172 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Pisces|
|Personality||Social||Social, Sometimes Social|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Average||Average, A bit overweight|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||Don't live with them, Sometimes living with them, Living with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Industry||Education / Science|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter||Left wing, No strong beliefs, Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Non-drinker, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||Other special diet, Vegetarian, Vegan, No special diet|
What I'm looking for
First of all a companion & shared interests.Integrity;honesty, trust.Have children & good relationship with them (VERY important). Great sense of humour.You cook-wonderful! Love travel. Compassionate & caring. Generous spirit.Comfortable anywhere, with anyone. I value kindness and social justice.
- Eclectic taste - love Telemann, Scarlatti, Rameau, Santana (my passion), KD Lang, Jobim, bosa nova, Vince Jones, Renee Geyer, Mozart, Ottmar Liebert, Bocelli, Nat King Cole, relaxation music and beyond (anything for dancing). Never without music to suit the occasion.
- Mainly biog., travel and general interest.Guardian.Cook books. BBC is my home page. Have a huge shelf of travel, food and gardening books and another of biog.Not a reader of novels.
- Movies & TV
- Quality movies. Don't like violence, war or psychological thrillers. Any language, but like to emerge thinking or laughing-not traumatised! TV-most is boring-but watch Landline, gardening & cooking programs, Q&A, Foreign Correspondent, Dateline, Insight, Adam Hills, Ch. 31. Old Brit. comedy
- Hmm-like walking!Happy to go to AFL-prefer soccer.Came to bike riding late in life-would try again with a companion.Have water skied & wind surfed in the past.Still have ice skates. Do not support or go to horse racing.
- Other Interests
- Social justice issues; sustainable living; environment; gardening; cooking; renovating; photography; theatre; travel; volunteer at food distribution centre for disadvantaged and homeless. Love being around home to cook and enjoy my home and garden.