55, Female, Single, Sydney - Inner West, NSW
- Last online:
HeadlineThe Austin with the extra wide bench front seat
My Dad was a gadget man who bought me ridiculous secondhand cars. Everyone loved my bright yellow Holden station wagon with column-shift gears. And my next car - the Austin with a mile-wide bench front seat. That one was particularly popular with guys at uni.
Dad gave me two pieces of advice - don't walk so fast and don't do medicine. Failed both. Holding hands is the best way to force me to walk more slowly.
But he was wrong about medicine. Love my work which is all about diagnostic puzzles and problem solving.
Some more about me:
* Pretty self-sufficient but would sometimes like to put myself in your hands and let you take over.
* Fairly angst about some things. I'll agonize for ages about which phone plan to get and then buy a car in an afternoon because it seemed like a good deal.
* Love watching cricket but don't cope well with Australian batting collapses. Rugby is similar - at present I almost need to know the outcome before I can bear to watch it.
* Cheerful, good at forgetting the bad things and remembering the good. Kind but not sweet - don't suffer fools.
Not just seeking a companion. Hoping for a meeting of the minds, weak at the knees. The real deal.
At a glance
|Age||55 years old||53 - 60 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Inner West, NSW||Within 25km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Single, Divorced|
|Height||5'5/165 cm||at least 5'9/175 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Slim||Athletic, Average, Slim|
|children & pets|
|Have children||Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
- General rock (Van Morrison, Hunters and Collectors, Bowie, Bryan Ferry, Steely Dan. I enjoy live concerts, last one Santana, first one at 16 was Dylan at the showground. Enjoy classical music though certainly not an aficionado.
- Very keen reader, crime is favourite but read many and varied in between. Favourites: Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, People of the Book by Geraldine Brooks, Ian McEwan's Saturday.
- Movies & TV
- Crime theme continues with TV, Scandinavian noire and much on SBS on demand especially if it's set in Iceland! BBC drama and local drama. Love movies: drama, rom com, action, some foreign films, especially French.
- I swim laps every day, relaxing and important to be fit. Play tennis most weekends. Love watching sport, cricket, rugby, tennis.
- Other Interests
- Enjoy travelling which has usually been associated with conference destinations (US, Europe, South America). Enjoy entertaining at home especially lunches or dinners for friends. Theatre, movies, beach. Love dancing - even at home alone but far better at a great venue, preferably with a live man!