- Last online:
I'm an adventurous, fit person. I love travel, I've traveled to many countries in Africa, Europe, South America and Asia; I recently lived in Japan for nine months for work and loved it! I once did something considered insane and cycled a strange bike (er, trike) to Sweden, starting from Adelaide, via Africa. It involved lots of pedaling, camping, sunsets, sunrises, flat tyres, crazy stories, but not many showers! Bets were placed that my mate and I would die. Bushwalking, 4wding, photography, are some other things on the repertoire. I'm hopeless at skiiing (to be fair, yet to have instruction in English!) yet took to backcountry snowshoeing with aplomb.
I'm an Environmental Scientist; a researcher in Ecology and Remote Sensing. I am currently finishing off my Ph.D and work full time. I have a serious compassion for the planet we live in and the people on it, and try and work on solutions for the better of everyone. So far I've been fairly good at it and so this is what I want to dedicate the working part of my life to.
I do enjoy relaxing though and I do more of it these days (feel free to swing me off the couch though!). I enjoy spending time with good friends and family, and things like sport (playing and watching), the odd beer (not a big drinker, but I appreciate a quality one in the right circumstances), playing with kids, gardening (especially veggies and native gardens), playing house. One day I want to build my own eco-house :-)
I have a little girl, she is the most important thing in my life. I get to have her half time, which is great! It does impact on the time I have to share these days, unless you are happy to have her around too...she is lots of fun* and a real cutie* I swear!
At a glance
|Age||32 years old||21 - 38 years old|
|Location||Adelaide - North & North Eastern Suburbs, SA||Within 100km|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Separated, Single, Divorced|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||at most 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Sometimes living with them, Living with them, No children|
|Wants children||Possibly wants children||Wants children, Possibly wants children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, No, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Degree, Diploma, Some college|
|Industry||Education / Science|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Someone who likes engaging in thoughtful conversation from time to time, on the scale from silly to serious. Rational thinker to a point. Open minded. Sense of adventure is important! Has compassion for other people and the world we live in. No crazy cat ladies, sorry!
- I like rock, old stuff, 80s, top 40 stuff, dance music (vocal trance mostly), some alternative stuff too. London Grammar, U2, The Police, Yassou N Dour, Deep Forest, Florence and The Machine, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin, VAST, Daughter...
- I used to read a ton of novels as a kid but these days struggle for time. I like a good histroy/biographical, books on fitness, adventure travel blogs (though I'm picky!), science (related to work). Getting into kids books...I can recite a few now!!!
- Movies & TV
- I rather dislike commercial TV. Fan of more intelligent sources such as SBS, ABC, etc. I do like a good series, eg, Game of Thrones, Community, Brooklyn Nine Nine, HIMYM. Love comedy!
- I used to play a lot of hockey, also soccer/indoor at various stages, some cricket (too time consuming to play, happily watch it). Turned off much these days by AFL and other over-hyped sports.
- Other Interests
- Bushwalking, cycling (esp cycle touring), Rogaining, photography, sustainable living, tiny houses. Minimalism, Stoicism.