47, Female, Divorced, Brisbane - Southside, QLD
- Last online:
HeadlineSeeking that special someone to share life's journey with
I'm young at heart & treat people the way I myself like to be treated. I appreciate the simple things in life & enjoy a good laugh & taking time out to smell the roses. I'm also punctual & reliable & like to be organised.
Being more of an introvert I'm comfortable with my own company but enjoy going out socialising & am just as happy to stay at home & potter around. I can always find something to do & can easily entertain myself.
My main interests are movies, music, reading, puzzles & eating out occasionally. I also enjoy a game of Scrabble, Boggle or pool & keep fit by walking regularly. I like a sweet wine now & then but don't drink excessively.
I have an extensive work background in administration & have worked in various government & non-government roles. At the moment I'm trying to gain a permanent administrative position, but in the meantime I work in temporary roles so I don't always have work & I'm not working now.
Ultimately, I'm seeking a man to share life's journey with but want to establish a good friendship first & take time getting to know each other since friendship is an important foundation for any potential relationship & it takes time to build trust. I'm looking for a meaningful long term relationship which hopefully lasts a lifetime, not a casual fling.
I believe the best things you can give a partner are not gifts or material things but your time & attention & their own space now & then when they need it or want it.
Please note, I don't want my own kids now but I did have a son who was stillborn at 34 weeks in 2003 after succumbing to Trisomy 18.
Despite the sorrows & disappointments that life can sometimes bring, I like to remain positive & hopeful & embrace the time I have which is now
At a glance
- 47 years old
- Brisbane - Southside, QLD
- 5'10/177 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Sagittarius
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Blonde
- Body Type - Average
- Have no children
- Don't want children
- Like pets but do not have any
- Education - Some college
- Other Christian
- Swinging voter
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
her ideal partner
- 37 - 55 years old
- Within 25km
- Widowed, Single, Divorced
- at least 5'9/175 cm
- Personality - Sometimes Social, Social
- Have no children at home, Sometimes have children at home, Have no children
- Don't want children
- Occasional/social drinker, Non-drinker
What I'm looking for
A man who is kind & genuinely cares about me; respects me; is loyal & considerate; is honest; accepts me with all my strengths, flaws & idiosyncrasies; is compassionate; has some shared interests & his own interests; is emotionally available; & simply enjoys being with me.
- I like most genres except heavy metal. I particularly like 80s music. Some favourite artists are Coldplay, U2, INXS, Elton John, Bryan Adams, Phil Collins, Billy Joel, James Blunt, Crowded House, Ed Sheeran, Belinda Carlisle, Dido & Adele. Radio stations I usually listen to are 96.5 fm or 97.3 fm.
- I like reading the newspaper & both fiction & non-fiction books. I usually have at least one book on the go. Some favourites are War Torn by Andy McNab, Firestorm & Echoes From Afar by Tamara McKinley, & Gallipoli Street by Mary-Anne O'Connor. I enjoy visiting book shops especially secondhand ones.
- Movies & TV
- Some favourites are Red Dog, The Sixth Sense, Speed, Slumdog Millionaire, Marley & Me, Life of Pi, Titanic, Pearl Harbor, Saving Private Ryan, American Sniper, Hacksaw Ridge, Forrest Gump, Lion, The Impossible, The Crimson Field, Our Girl, Anzac Girls, Call the Midwife, Band of Brothers & M*A*S*H.
- I'm not that sporty but happy to play tennis & table tennis in a non-competitive way. I also like walking, cycling off the roads (but don't own a bike), swimming for leisure & dancing at home. I prefer to watch artistic kind of sports such as figure/ice skating, gymnastics & diving.
- Other Interests
- Board games, cards, museums, exhibitions, military history, singing, piano, nature & animals (especially cats, dogs & birds but more so cats). I've been to England & India & enjoyed my time overseas but it doesn't really worry me if I don't go again since I'm happy to see more of Australia.