- Last online:
- 26 Dec '15
Headline“Searching for stellar new friends that sparkle but also value stillness.”
I am a professional artist (female) with an academic background teaching art part time.Aside from developing my own paintings and reading for pleasure and research I am concerned about world issues.I care deeply but not stridently about homelessness, the plight of refugees, the environment, human rights and am involved in projects and organisations that help. Are you concerned about social justice?
On a lighter note, I love to dance, go for urban/country walks (non athletic),eat dark chocolate and veg out in front of the telly.I watch world movies and have an eclectic collection of dvds which I source from os.I am interested in documentaries on nature,art, science,history etc.Love all world music from monteverdi to jazz and even enjoy trance and some rap.Punk rock still puts a punch into painting.
My kitchen is another playground.Cooking has been a passion since childhood.I read recipes and watch cooking shows but love the experiment,the unpredictable fun of trying out new combinations to get great new flavours and textures with visual appeal.I often bake and make for friends.Also interested in the health aspects of food as well as other areas of natural medicine and healing.
To still the chattering monkeys I meditate but find it easier with guided cds.I would
love to find a small group of friends to meditate with as something about the presence of other meditators deepens the experience.
I am very interested in philosophy,what ifs,metaphysical subjects,life stories. So if you enjoy thinking about ideas and like to conjecture and schmooze you might want to meet up for a coffee to survey common and uncommon ground.I particularly like serious talk leavened with laughter and a sense of the absurd.
At a glance
|Age||70 years old||55 - 100 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW||Within 50km|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Widowed, Separated, Divorced|
|Height||5'7/170 cm||5'6/167 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||Black / African, Mixed Race, Middle Eastern, Asian, Hispanic / Latino, Other, Aboriginal / TSI, Other Islander, Indian, White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Personality||Average||Average, Social, Private|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Slim||Average, A bit overweight, Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Have pets||No||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Diploma, Some college, Post Graduate, Degree|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Religion||Other||Hindu, Agnostic, Jewish, Other Christian, Other, Catholic, Buddhist, New Age|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, No strong beliefs, Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
I am on a friendship quest looking beyond my established circles. I am attracted to people who are positive,compassionate,altruistic and interested in ideas.(A good laugh helps most situations).I am not searching for a partner or an affair but really value the discoveries and joys of friendship.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- All world music.Jazz both cool and trad.Dance music from salsa to punk rock and even some rap.Classical from Monteverdi to Bartok.Love blues and gospel and almost anything that doesn't shriek.when no one is around my secret singer comes out.
- World literature.psychology,anthropology,history,biographies and metaphysical texts. Struggling to understand books for general readers by physicists.Enjoy an occasional thriller as a holiday from study.
- Movies & TV
- Love most movies,even trashy comedies.Have a big collection of world movies and classics.Like all genres from crime to comedy.Also watch documentaries and cooking shows.
- I am the world's most unathletic woman but enjoy qigong,gym and like urban and country walks.i often dance around at home and would love to go to dance classes with a friend..Swimming in the sea is a favourite.i am in awe of surf board riders and martial artists and can enjoy watching tennis.
- Other Interests
- Passionate lover of nature, cooking.Go to markets and food halls just to perve. Love all the arts.Interested in people and human stories. Discussion leavened by laughter is a favourite. I can be interested in anything you are interested in if you are willing to tell me.