PremierCru (was CityLights)
- Last online:
- 21 Oct '16
Headline“A few things I value...”
Let's start with friendship. Friendship, where you look forward to being together and want the best for each other.
Laughter. The joys of life. Positive, rewarding.
The arts. Galleries, exhibitions, classical and jazz performances. Recently had a work on exhibition in Sydney, but I'm just a rank amateur.
For one reason or another, I seem to spend a lot of time in nature's wonderlands. I continue to develop an online image bank of Blue Mountains native plants, but it's hard work trying to identify the blighters!
Travel. Yes please. Here, there and everywhere.
Food, glorious food. All sorts. Cooking it, eating it, but best of all, quality, innovative café and restaurant cuisine.
Wine, preferably aged, almost anything except simple, unidimensional varieties I won't dare mention. Come raid my cellar. Swirl, sip, enjoy.
Beer, in warm weather. Not tasteless 1970s ales and draughts, but the hoppy, citrus, tropical delights of craft beers, especially IPAs and American IPAs.
Keeping active, fit and healthy. Funny, as we get older, apparently we're supposed to stop being active, eat loads of carbs and get trapped inside our own wobbly bodies. Well, not me. There's an almost indescribable and utterly profound sense of satisfaction in conquering an ultra marathon on rugged mountain trails, then sprinting across the finish line in the small hours of the morning.
Becoming emotionally attached to dependant furry creatures, treating them like children, cuddling them, walking them around the block and taking them for drives is not for me. Life is short. Too much to do. And would you believe, I actually prefer people.
I'm not ready to flab out any time soon. Far too much fun to be had.
Are you up to it? Want to join me?
At a glance
|Age||63 years old||48 - 58 yrs old|
|Location||Blue Mountains & Surrounds, NSW||Within 100km|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'6/167 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, Athletic|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Diploma, Degree, Post Graduate|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A friend, partner; travel companion; enthusiastic, active; interested in simple pleasures and some finer things in life.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Various, from mellow jazz to majestic symphonies. Till Brönner, Melody Gardot and Ludovico Einaudi are a few current favourites but always looking for more. Finding new music to enjoy is mentally and aesthetically stimulating. Addicted to Spotify, Soundhound and internet radio.
- Biography, history, family history, historic homes, science, medicine, philosophy. Currently reading Robert Macklin's, Hamilton Hume: Our Greatest Explorer. A fabulous account that sets the record straight on a truly significant achiever in our early colonial past.
- Movies & TV
- ABC, SBS
- Trail running and ultra marathons. Sad, but also life changing! Keeping fit and active has become a key part of my lifestyle makeover - better than botox; cheaper than food supplements; far more effective than alt med.
- Other Interests
- Federation furniture, early colonial art, antiques, playing tour guide for friends. Locating, photographing and identifying native plants, Lightroom, PlantNET.