PremierCru (was CityLights)
- Last online:
- 08 Dec '16
Headline“A few things I value...”
Let's start with friendship. I'm a bit of a fan. Like when you look forward to being together and want the best for each other. And laughter. The joys of life. Positive, rewarding.
The arts. Galleries, exhibitions, classical and jazz performances. Recently had a work exhibited in Sydney, but I'm just a rank amateur.
For one reason or another, I seem to spend a lot of time in nature's wonderlands - walking, exploring, photographing, trail running, endurance events.
I've become increasingly involved in developing an online image bank of Blue Mountains native plants, but it's hard work trying to identify the blighters! Would love it if you could help.
Travel. Yes please. Here, there and everywhere.
Food, glorious food. All sorts. Cooking it, eating it, but best of all, quality, innovative café and restaurant cuisine.
Wine, preferably aged, almost anything with genuine character. Come raid my cellar. Swirl, sip, enjoy.
Beer, in warm weather. Not tasteless 1970s style ales and draughts, but the hoppy, citrus, tropical delights of craft beers, especially IPAs and American IPAs.
Keeping active, fit and healthy. Funny, as we get older, apparently we're supposed to stop being active, eat loads of carbs and get trapped inside our own wobbly bodies. Well, not me. There's an almost indescribable and utterly profound sense of satisfaction in conquering an ultra marathon on rugged mountain trails, then sprinting across the finish line in the small hours of the morning.
Can't get excited about being emotionally attached to dependant furry creatures, treating them like children, cuddling them and walking them around the block. Life is short. So much more to do.
I'm not ready to flab out any time soon. Far too much fun to be had. Let's make the most of it together.
At a glance
|Age||63 years old||48 - 58 years old|
|Location||Blue Mountains & Surrounds, NSW||Within 100km|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'6/167 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Diploma, Degree|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A friend, partner; travel companion; enthusiastic, active; interested in simple pleasures and some finer things in life.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Various, from mellow jazz to majestic symphonies. Till Brönner, Melody Gardot and Ludovico Einaudi are a few current favourites but always looking for more. Finding new music to enjoy is mentally and aesthetically stimulating. Addicted to Spotify, Soundhound and internet radio.
- Biography, history, family history, historic homes, science, medicine, philosophy. Currently reading Robert Macklin's, Hamilton Hume: Our Greatest Explorer. A fabulous account that sets the record straight on a truly significant achiever in our early colonial past.
- Movies & TV
- ABC, SBS
- Trail running and ultra marathons. Sad, but also life changing! Keeping fit and active has become a key part of my lifestyle makeover - better than botox; cheaper than food supplements; far more effective than alt med.
- Other Interests
- Federation furniture, early colonial art, antiques, playing tour guide for friends. Locating, photographing and identifying native plants, Lightroom, PlantNET.