- Last online:
- 28 Aug '16
Headline“Meet me in Hogsmeade.”
Hiya, I'm Huw. I'm happy to make friends or something more. Either way, coffee or tea will be involved so single life is looking up us!
I'm around 6'3ish, which is tall enough to occasionlly lose balance for no particular reason at all. If I had suave and smooth skills to make such a surprisingly awkward jerky movement as seeming like maybe an intentional start to a sudden dance routine, then I'd be the guy who innappropriately busts into dancing while you're mid-sentence.
I'm quick witted at the best of times. My sense of humour can be dry or dark but I'll own up that it's often riddled with mega lame dad-jokes, sweet puns and oooh such spectacular awkwardness; I crack myself up aaall the time.
I'm positive, down to earth, excited by life, introspective in nature and value assertiveness, honesty, communication and emotional intelligence.
My passion is for creativity and creative thinking and I love hearing about other peoples' passions. I can get excited and inspired by quirky things and clever ideas.
I like mountains and trickling rivers, travelling light and sharpening instincts, coffee and funky cafes, the smell of pencil shavings and the thrill of small triumphs. I read a lot and usually have a book on me wherever I am. I write, draw, design, garden, craft, bike ride, yoga, hike, talk crap, binge watch shows and build home/lifestyle-wares from reclaimed materials, so I'm handy with fixing things.
I've typically been nomadic throughout life; probably the neatest place I've ever lived is above the clouds in the mountains of the Southern Alps, but now I happily and contentedly potter about making a warm home in Newcastle.
Also, I'll shout the first coffee :)
At a glance
|Age||30 years old||20 - 34 yrs old|
|Location||Newcastle & Surrounds, NSW||Within 50km|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Average, Slim|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Someone genuine and earthy. Warm hearted and good humoured. Bright, open and sweet. A nice smile is always a plus :)
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I listen to eeeeverything, even daggy stuff..ahhhwhatamisaying, ESPECIALLY daggy stuff. I can always rely on quirky sounding bands and I'm usually pretty darn happy with everything Triple J spins. There are a few instruments throughout my house; all of which I can play poorly.
- Adventure/mystery/crime/action with rich imagery and strong characters worth following through lots of novels. Lee Child, Clive Cussler, Andy Mcnab, Dean Koontz, J.K. Rowling. A recent standout is 'The first 15 lives of Harry August'. I write/illustrate and think 'Calvin&Hobbes' is freakin genius.
- Movies & TV
- A soft spot for anything Joss Whedon, Wes Anderson, Pixar and Studio Ghibli. Pushing Daisies, Firefly, Buffy, Chuck, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls, How to Make it in America, Entourage, Community, New Girl, Parks and Rec, Veronica Mars, Long Way Round/Down.
- Watching a game..of..Thrones? Quidditch? I use to ski a lot and especially like hiking and bushwalking. Yoga is boss, accidental exercise like bike riding and aimless wandering about is prefered. Well I say aimless, but it's usually in the direction of a cafe.
- Other Interests
- Things that are an outlet for creative thinking. Background in the film and ski industries and ever so slowly making a children's graphic novel. Psychology and science fascinates me. I like textures and touching things in shops, storms, adventures, nature, self development, writing, design.