- Last online:
Headline“Diving in the deep end”
I joined just over 2 years ago, took a few breaks, and often think why on earth I'm still here..... My friends say I'm intelligent, funny, and great company. (Well they would, wouldn't they?)
I'm a health care professional, travelled and worked many places in the world. I used to be a bit wild, but I've mellowed. Perhaps too mellow!
My only daughter, 20 yrs old, is at University. I missed out on social fun for a while; it's time to enjoy female company again. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Not wanting, or indeed expecting, to meet the love of my life straightaway........
Recently, I noticed that the Guardian newspaper site (Guardian Soul Mate) allowed a number of choices (any or all), which included just friends/ let's see what happens/ a fling/ long term relationship/marriage. So practical, so sensible, so realistic.
I like that, and I try to be completely straightforward.
I divide my time between Sydney and Killcare, a very beautiful beach suburb adjacent to Bouddi National Park.
At a glance
|Age||64 years old||48 - 64 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney City, NSW||Within 10km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Single, Divorced, Separated, Attached / married / seeking friends only|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'9/175 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||Mixed Race, Asian, White / Caucasian, Other|
|Personality||Social||Social, Very Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Average||Slim, A bit overweight, Average, Athletic|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children living at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate, Diploma|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Job role||Professional||Executive, Business Owner, Senior Management, Professional|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, Swinging voter, No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Intelligent, funny, warm, sexy -of course! I admire honesty and straight talking a great deal.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I adore music (most kinds, not all). It occupies a lot of my life. I have tried to sing and play instruments, not very successfully. I have a keen ear, and can pick up accents and dialects, am quite good at languages, and love poetry, though certainly need to know more about the technicals...
- I read all the time when I can, all sorts, from thrillers to biographies, even plays.
- Movies & TV
- I'd like to get out more to movies, but not TV, (except the quality serials), perhaps I just turn TV on at the wrong time, it always seems to be a reality show........
- When I was young, I was a good rugby player, and passable at tennis and golf. Now, I am still interested in events, (but don't play them too much, more's the pity...)
- Other Interests
- Theatre, big time. Have I mentioned travel already? Everyone does, of course..... I spent 2 yrs just travelling when I was younger, and haven't really stopped. Have written for Lonely Planet Guides (on health) .....