59, Female, Divorced, Adelaide City, SA
- Last online:
HeadlineA keen appreciation of the ridiculous is a really good start!
I'm unpretentious and multifaceted (I'm told) - can be both brave and shy, gregarious and solitary. I like to tell it how it is and am looking for someone who does the same - not fond of struggling through layers of hidden meaning! I really value someone who is secure enough in themselves to tackle the not-so-easy aspects of relationships if they arise.
I am looking for someone steady and responsible without being conservative in outlook. Classifying myself as left wing doesn't mean I swear allegiance to the Labor Party, but rather that my political and social values are left of centre.
A strong sense of family is important to me. I love being a parent, and have a daughter living at home and studying at university..
I enjoy life more and more as I get older (well, apart from the gravity bit...). Age has certainly given me an even clearer view of what's important and what's not - in that sense life is simpler. Having interests/activities in common is enjoyable, but not nearly as important as a meeting of the minds. Sense of humour is crucial, but it does depend on what type (doesn't everyone think they have a good sense of humour?!) - only writing/talking can tell..
.Not wanting this process to be pressured or rushed - slow and steady suits me much better.
At a glance
- 59 years old
- Adelaide City, SA
- 5'8/172 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Libra
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Light Brown
- Body Type - Slim
- Sometimes have children at home
- Don't want children
- Have pets
- Education - Post Graduate
- Healthcare / Medical
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
her ideal partner
- 55 - 70 years old
- Within 25km
- Single, Widowed, Separated, Divorced
- at least 5'8/172 cm
- Personality - Very Social, Private, Sometimes Social, Social
- Body Type - Average, Athletic
- Like pets but do not have any, Have pets
- Occasional/social drinker, Non-drinker
What I'm looking for
A straightforward man who is positive and kind. Interested in the world beyond our everyday lives (eg social issues, the environment). Secure but not overly materialistic. At home having a deep conversation or a silly, playful one. Someone who enjoys sharing simple, everyday things.
- Tom Waits, Van Morrison, Loudon and Rufus Wainwright, Elvis Costello, Regina Spektor. A die-hard Joni Mitchell fan from way back. A good choir and the bagpipes can move me to tears. Not into rap, techno, heavy rock, and the sappy end of country and western
- Seem to spend most of the week ploughing through the weekend Australian and Melbourne Age. Many great novels sit in my bookshelves awaiting that rainy day.....Last good book I read was 'Reckoning' by Magda Szubanski. Love Tim Winton and the poetry of Roger McGough
- Movies & TV
- Mainly ABC and SBS, but also enjoy reruns of Seinfeld and Outnumbered. 'Would I Lie to You' is hard to beat. Movie tastes very broad - ridiculous (Monty Python), to sublime (Ordinary People). More recently: 'Loving' is a favourite
- Totally incompetent at anything that involves hitting, catching or throwing balls. A longtime horse rider, but falls and broken bones got the better of me and I have (sadly) hung up my stirrups. Current yoga and swimming not as thrilling but less dangerous
- Other Interests
- Belong to Spanish group and speak fluently (a legacy of my father's interesting career). Have sung in many choirs and still do. Being a country girl, good at getting my hands dirty - mainly renovating, painting. Enjoy what the city has to offer but am most at home surrounded by nature.