51, Male, Single, Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC
- Last online:
HeadlineBut you are Blanche, you are...
I'm an old fashioned kind of chap, a little bit out of step with the modern world. I can be quite formal and reserved with new people, but don't worry, there is a wicked sense of humour bubbling just below the surface. I'm the one who makes the inappropriate comment that everyone else is thinking, or laughs at something tragic (then unsuccessfully try to cover it up with a fake cough that comes out as a loud snort).
I like long train trips (no need to worry, though, I am not a train spotter). In a few weeks I'm off on a 10,000 km train journey from Guangzhou in China to Chennai in India, via Tibet and Nepal (well, almost all the way by train: Kathmandu to New Delhi is by bus).
I live behind the walls of the old Pentridge Prison with my one-eyed French Bulldog Bert. A couple of years ago Bert and I met HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, and as far as Bert is concerned she is his BFF. As for me, I'm still looking.
At a glance
|Age||51 years old||47 - 57 years old|
|Location||Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC||Within 100km|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus|
|Personality||Private||Private, Very Private, Sometimes Social, Social|
|Body type||A bit overweight|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||No children|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
I would like to meet someone kind and funny for friendship and possibly a relationship. I'm not interested in a quickie, and I will politely ignore questions or, heaven forbid, photographs that make me blush.
- Astrud Gilberto, Julie London, Kate Bush, Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66, Toyah, Lene Lovich, Dusty Springfield, Lulu, Dead Can Dance, Abba, Blossom Deary, Chet Baker, Ray Conniff, The Human League, Sammy Davis Jr, The Seekers, Nana Mouskouri, Dionne Warwick, Electronic, Blondie, Cilla Black, New Order
- Currently reading Patrick O'Brian's Captain Jack Aubrey books. I like history and biographies, with a particular interest in royal families of the world. I enjoy reading about the Apollo space program, and I am fascinated by Antarctic explorers. Nancy Mitford is my all time favourite author.
- Movies & TV
- Movies: Brief Encounter, Doctor Zhivago, Serial Mom, Clueless, Apollo 13, Gilda, The Party, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane, Psycho and many more. TV: Yes, I know, the ABC and SBS. But, let's be honest, who doesn't enjoy a bit of trash TV? Strewth, I've even been known to watch Home and Away.
- Swimming and cycling I enjoy. I also do a great deal of walking with my one-eyed French Bulldog Bert snorting at my side. As for a spectator of sports, no, that does not happen very often.
- Other Interests
- I love to travel, and in 2016 I clocked up nearly 12,000 km by train from Pyongyang to Singapore, taking in China, Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia (with side trips to Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar). I would love to visit Antarctica one day. I also dabble in calligraphy and drawing.