45, Female, Single, Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC
- Last online:
- 19 Sep '18
About me - headline
'Follow your own star...' Dante Alighieri
About me - description
As I grow older I try to live by this more and more, and sometimes take the path less travelled.
Despite being a somewhat determined being, I would call myself a romantic, naturally enthusiastic individual whose instinct when arriving home is to fill the house with music. I am more of an optimist, love the absurdity of BBC comedies, and conversations that range from the sublime to the ridiculous. I work in and am passionate about the visual arts.
Things that make me happy include; someone smiling at you for no particular reason, losing a sense of time while wandering through nature, being a witness to the pure joy that comes with dogs running free, feeling my feet in sea water, hearing a piece of music that makes you want to move or stand still, laughing so hard with someone it hurts, studying subjects that intrigue me and make this life more meaningful.
At a glance
- 45 years old
- Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC
- White / Caucasian
- Have no children
- Personality - Social
- Star sign - Capricorn
- 5'5/165 cm
- Body Type - Average
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Education - Post Graduate
- Education / Science
- Occasional/social drinker
- Other special diet
- Other religion
- Left wing
- Have pets
her ideal partner
- 40 - 50 years old
- Within 50km
- Want children, Possibly want children, Don't want children
- Personality - Very Social, Social, Sometimes Social, Private, Very Private
- Occasional/social drinker
- Left wing, No strong political beliefs, Swinging voter
- Have pets, Like pets but do not have any
What I'm looking for
Someone who can be playful and silly but also serious.
- I enjoy so many styles... If I had to choose though fav's would be world, fusion, classical, jazz, trad and folk .... Kate Bush, Luka Bloom, The Gloaming, Chopin, Loreena McKennitt, Richard Tognetti, Schoenberg, Ella Fitzgerald, Miles Davis, Capercaillie and the glorious Afro Celt Sound System.
- I mostly read fiction, philosophy and poetry...Alain de Botton, Isabelle Allende, Margaret Atwood, Jeanette Winterson, Richard Flanagan, Peter Carey, Tim Winton, Charles de Lint, Nick Bantock, Emily Bronte, William Butler Yeats, Seamus Heaney and William Blake.
- Movies & TV
- Foreign, art house, period and fantasy would have to be my favourite genres and I return to Amadeus, Amelie, The Red Violin, Out of Africa and the Labyrinth over and over. I prefer the ABC and SBS...do love Sherlock and Black Books....
- Is walking the dog a sport? bush walking, ocean swimming and hoping to explore kayaking more...
- Other Interests
- Art galleries, art history, classical music concerts, folk & world music festivals, yoga, meditation, painting, terriers large and small, more travel, messing about with the fiddle, the ministry of funny walks, mud brick and straw bale building and design and more being in nature..