66, Male, Separated, Sydney - Lower North Shore, NSW
- Last online:
- 19 Feb '18
Headlinefaber est quisquae suae fortunae
Semi-retired now, I run a boutique consultancy business in sales/marketing of high technology - services via the Internet, hardware, Internet, software, computers, telecommunications. Most of my projects these days are pro bono and community based. I also run an Airbnb apartment for mostly overseas guests called StudioYindi. Prior to all that I was an architect.
I now keep myself busy marketing Studio Yindi to overseas guests via Airbnb.
Passionate about sailing and messing around in boats generally. Nordic skiing is another special interest, though a knee problem forced me to miss the past 2 seasons.
I tend to be most comfortable with people who are open minded, mature, educated, good conversationalists, hold liberal outlooks and shares my interest in the arts, and physical, non-competitive outdoorsy things like sailing, downhill and nordic skiing, bushwalking, camping, backpacker style international travel, and walking around exotic foreign towns and cities. Massage is becoming more important too me as a way coping with the pressures of age. As has skinny dipping at Cobblers Beach, Middle Head!
I keep myself reasonably fit with sailing, walking and cycling. Most comfortable in smart casual active wear clothes, usually sourced from Kathmandu, Snowgum or Rohan. But occasionally my work requires me to dress formally for customer interactions.
Musically my tastes are very catholic: INXS, Crowded House, Van Morrison, celtic, gregorian chants, G&S, Elvis Costello, Peggy Lee, John Williamson, Ravel, George Melly, Red Gum, Gipsy Kings, Paul Simon, Spandau Ballet, Steel Eye Span, Carmena Burana.
At a glance
|Age||66 years old||50 - 70 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Lower North Shore, NSW||Within 10km|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Sales / Marketing|
|Job role||Business Owner|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Adventurous, flexible, intelligent, good company, stimulating, active mind, creative, outdoorsy, tolerant, open minded, with a social conscience. Just as comfortable roughing it on a small yacht or motorbike, camping, skiing, bushwalking, as staying in good hotel and traveling first class!
- Extremely catholic tastes: INXS, Crowded House, Van Morrison, celtic, gregorian chants, G&S, Elvis Costello, Peggy Lee, John Williamson, Ravel, George Melly, Red Gum, Gipsy Kings, Paul Simon, Spandau Ballet, Steel Eye Span, Carmena Burana,
- Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, P D James, Smiley series, Sydney Morning Herald on weekend, AFR occassionally, The Guardian when in UK.
- Movies & TV
- ABC and SBS radio + tv in Oz, or BBC radio + tv when in UK. The Kings Speach, anything that Meryl Streep is starring in...
- Not really into competitive sports. But love sailing and messing about in boats, cross country skiing, downhill skiing
- Other Interests
- Motor bikes, cycling for exercise, Six Sigma, personality profiling, people networking, architecture, local history, maritime history, industrial archeology, raptor birds, geneology, massage