28, Male, Single, Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- Last online:
HeadlineA Gentleman and a Scholar...
It is almost a definition of a gentleman to say he is one who never inflicts pain. He is mainly occupied in merely removing the obstacles which hinder the free and unembarrassed action of those about him; and he concurs with their movements rather than takes the initiative himself.
His benefits may be considered as parallel to what are called comforts or conveniences in arrangements of a personal nature: like an easy chair or a good fire, which do their part in dispelling cold and fatigue, though nature provides both means of rest and animal heat without them.
The true gentleman in like manner carefully avoids whatever may cause a jar or a jolt in the minds of those with whom he is cast; all clashing of opinion, or collision of feeling, all restraint, or suspicion, or gloom, or resentment; his great concern being to make everyone at their ease and at home. He has his eyes on all his company; he is tender towards the bashful, gentle towards the distant, and merciful towards the absurd; he can recollect to whom he is speaking; he guards against unseasonable allusions, or topics which may irritate; he is seldom prominent in conversation, and never wearisome.
He makes light of favours while he does them, and seems to be receiving when he is conferring. He never speaks of himself except when compelled, never defends himself by a mere retort, he has no ears for slander or gossip, is scrupulous in imputing motives to those who interfere with him, and interprets every thing for the best. He is never mean or little in his disputes, never takes unfair advantage, never mistakes personalities or sharp sayings for arguments, or insinuates evil which he dare not say out.
At a glance
- 28 years old
- Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- 6'3/190 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Taurus
- Personality - Private
- Eye colour - Brown
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Have no children
- Like pets but do not have any
- Education - Post Graduate
- Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering
- Other Christian
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
his ideal partner
- 20 - 50 years old
- Within 500km
- Widowed, Single, Divorced, Separated
- 5'3/160 cm - 5'11/180 cm
- Trying to quit smoking, Non-smoker
- Body Type - Slim, Athletic, Large-ish, Average, A bit overweight
- Have pets, Have no pets, Like pets but do not have any
- Occasional/social drinker, Non-drinker
- Vegetarian, Vegan, Other special diet, No special diet
- Instruments - Piano, Viola and Oboe.
- Literature (Top 10): - Peter Pan - The Iliad - Ulysses - The Complete Memoirs of Casanova - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde - Simulacra and Simulation - The Picture of Dorian Gray - The Sound and the Fury - Les Liaisons Dangereuses
- Movies & TV
- Motion Pictures (Top 10): - Gone with the Wind - The Count of Monte Cristo - James Bond Franchise - (Preferably Brosnan) - An Education - Lord of the Rings Trilogy - The Godfather - Good Will Hunting - The Grand Budapest Hotel - Dr. Zhivago - Se7en
- Archery, Football, Motorsport, Tennis, Golf, Rugby and Basketball.
- Other Interests