- Last online:
- 21 Jun '17
Headline“Honest, cheeky and inquisitive British (& Aus) explorer living in Melbourne.”
My friends back in my original home can't understand my Aussie accent, my friends here can't understand my British accent, and the reality is I am a mix of many of the places I am fortunate enough to have lived and travelled to and from - so no-one can understand me properly, probably! (I can't believe my ex-countrymen voted to leave Europe - sorry I digress).
In between living in Europe, Asia, Central & South America, Ben has called Melbourne home for over ten years now. I have a business, friends and roots here - but I will never stop exploring in any way I can. I am originally from a tiny place called "The Isle of Man".
Here in Melbourne, I run my own business in environmental / biotech research and development investment, that enables me to travel and work remotely - convenient when I want to be up a mountain, under the sea or in another country...well, I can't work from under the sea, but you get what I mean.
I spend my time in many ways: mountain climbing, pub drinking with friends, motorbike and non-motorbike riding, tennis-playing, diving, music festival dancing, exploring new languages and cultures - and, of course, travelling.
I am a honest and confident boy and have many great friends, but ultimately I think it would be better to share some things with someone special :)
At a glance
|Age||38 years old||26 - 37 years old|
|Location||Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC||Within 25km|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Separated|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||at most 5'9/175 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aries Check compatibility »|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||No children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Wants children, Is undecided|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Diploma, Degree, Post Graduate|
|Job role||Business Owner|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Often, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
An honest, down-to-earth girl with an open mind & confidence. A girl who can challenge me when I am wrong, even when I think I am right. A girl who, whilst open to settling down, has not ruled out travelling. A girl that doesn't mind 'roughing-it' on a hiking trip - I can happily spoil her after :)
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- As I write this, it is electronic roots.Might equally be psy-trance, funk, rock, blues n' roots, dirty-funky house, beats, minimal...I basically don't go out with my studio earphones - makes me smile every day. Any music over any TV - any day. Rainbow fest, alternative fests. is otherworldly places.
- Yes, I read - mainly in English - but occasionally I try in other languages. Last 3 books: Maverick Mountaineer, Paul Theroux's: Fresh-Air Fiend, Wild by Nature. Oh, and a Spanish dictionary - though I didn't exactly read that cover to cover..
- Movies & TV
- I don't have a TV as I can't cope with adverts, mass reality TV and many politicians! I do watch many shows and I won't admit whether the watching is wholly legal. Last 3 shows: Vikings, The Americans & Bron Bron. I go to the Nova when I go to the cinema but open to suggestions :).
- Until it gets too cold, tennis. Hiking. Bike riding (with and without motor). Diving. Golf. Those bikes with music at the gym. I can stretch more than I could from Yoga (and breathe). Tea-drinking count?
- Other Interests
- Taking a photograph on top of a mountain. Impromptu road trips. Speaking Spanish.. I've travelled to around 100 countries, mostly alone ...yeah there are heaps more, and hopefully some can be shared with you :)