60, Female, Widowed, Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS
- Last online:
HeadlineAn adventurous romantic!
I am an adventurous, fun-loving and warm person who laughs easily. I've had a big life for which I am grateful. I'm an American and Australian citizen who has lived in Tasmania for the past 20 years. My husband of 35 years died 2 1/2 years ago.
I love to dance. I love being near and in the sea. I love meeting new people, there is always something that they can teach me. I've travelled around the world numerous times. I speak passable French. I am highly educated and love sparkling, passionate conversation. I have been an entrepreneur all of my life. I am an active person, sometimes too much; I find it hard to sit still (unless for that sparkling, passionate conversation!) I love to cook and entertain. I like to think that I am a very good friend and a good listener. I am kind.
I'm somewhat bewildered by the whole idea of dating, it's been a very long time! But romance is an integral part of me and something I'm not willing to live without. I was fortunate enough to have been loved deeply for a very long time, and I really don't know how to love any other way.
In RSVP's suggestions for writing this profile, they say it doesn't have to be a life history. But I have so much to tell! I've danced professionally in New York, graduated from UC Berkeley in the colourful 70's, had a successful career in American aerospace, owned rock 'n roll radio stations, raised a gorgeous daughter who fills me with pride and joy, built, bought and sold many houses, was one of the first women to receive an MBA from UCLA, swam between islands in Greece, slept in an Indian desert under the stars, lived in France and danced in Capetown until the sun rose.
I'm grateful that every morning I wake up healthy and strong. I'm ready for what's next.
At a glance
|Age||60 years old||50 - 65 years old|
|Location||Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS||Within 50km|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||at least 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Don't live with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
You tell me.
- Love almost any. Didn't think I liked rap until I saw Hamilton - now I get it!
- I read voraciously. If it's been listed for a Man Booker, I read it. Right now I'm reading "Nobody's Fool" by Richard Russo. I plowed through the first half, but now I can't put it down. Favourite books of all time: "The Secret History" by Donna Tartt and "English Passengers" by Matthew Kneale.
- Movies & TV
- I only watch SBS and occasionally the ABC. Ok, the local news. Best movie I've seen in years: Baby Driver, written, directed and produced by Edgar Wright (oh, if I were 20 years younger...)
- Swimming. I swim in the ocean and I swim in the pool. I compete, although I almost always come in last. I'm too competitive for my own good.
- Other Interests
- Dancing! Travel! Laughing! Dining! Sailing! Horses! Architecture! Also, an intense, extreme dislike of the current US President. I'm enjoying watching his downfall, like a car crash in slow motion.