33, Female, Single, Sydney - Western Suburbs, NSW
- Last online:
- 13 Feb '18
HeadlineLooking for my best friend
I guess I'd describe myself as a work in progress.
I think of myself as strong, driven and independent, but, at the same time, I love my family and I love doing life with people.
I am someone who loves my own space, I definitely need quiet time now and again but I can also be very social. That said, I'm the sort of person with a smaller circle of deep friendships rather than oodles of acquaintances -I kind of envy those social butterflies.
I've been fortunate to achieve a lot of my career goals early on and I really respect people who do have goals but I also learned that what really matters are people and relationships. I think I underestimated that when I was younger because I wanted to do well.
These days my priorities are striking a healthy balance between doing work that I love and am proud of and making a life for myself that has room for the people I love and the things I love doing.
When I was younger I put a lot of pressure on myself to have it all yesterday and I was desperate to find 'the one' but I'm not in such a rush anymore.
If I look at relationships that inspire me, that make me want to get out there and meet people, I know what I'm looking for is my best friend. I'm looking for that person that I really like as well as love, someone whose company I enjoy, who enjoys mine and who I respect and admire.
I'm hoping to find that special person that I can laugh with, commit to and have their back 100% and who I trust and know will love and look out for me too.
These days I'm willing to wait for that, I'm happy with my life and I'm comfortable that we may or may not be 'the one' for each other but it's ok because meeting someone nice is always worth while.
At a glance
- 33 years old
- Sydney - Western Suburbs, NSW
- 5'6/167 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Aquarius
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Green
- Hair colour - Blonde
- Body Type - Average
- Have no children
- Want children
- Have no pets
- Born Again Christian
- Occasional/social drinker
her ideal partner
- 29 - 40 years old
- Within 50km
- at least 5'9/175 cm
- Personality - Social, Private, Sometimes Social, Very Social
- Body Type - Athletic, Average
- Have no children
- Want children
- Catholic, Agnostic, Born Again Christian, Anglican, Other Christian
What I'm looking for
I'm looking for someone strong, I know who I am & I like people who can hold their own. Someone capable, humble, considerate with a generous heart who doesn't hold grudges. Someone who treats everybody well, not rude to waiters, treats ladies like ladies, good to his mum. Most of all, my best friend
- Hmm, husky male voices and great lyrics, think Foy Vance, Sting, Paul Simon & John Mayer, all your big lady voices -love me some Adele (like most I guess), Aretha if I'm feeling old school, love some country now & then big love for South American music & classical piano for bad days or concentrating
- Anything with great addictive characters. Also, love a good inspirational audio book or an action packed page turner. Will be caught reading poetry -yup, I'm that girl, love some old school Emily Dickinson. Total sucker for young adult fiction; I admit it and I have no excuse.
- Movies & TV
- Hmmm. Medical drama sucker -Grey's Anatomy, Code black -if they're cutting people I'm in. Pretty much everything British too -The Honourable Woman, anything about Queens, Outlander. Oooh! The Big Bang Theory. I'm a cinema fiend -it's hard to find anything I haven't watched. I have no shame.
- Meh. Hmmm. Nah. Jokes, (sort of). I surf a fair bit (I'm pretty mediocre but I get out most weeks), swim laps sometimes, horse ride when I get the chance, love dancing -esp Salsa or anything else South American, do lots of long walks, will do resistance training on a good day, you know how it is...
- Other Interests
- I love languages, I speak decent French, I wish I could travel full time, I love spending time with my nieces and nephews and I'm a total day dreamer...