67, Female, Single, Greater Bendigo Region, VIC
- Last online:
HeadlineARE YOU INTERESTING AND CARING? We don't heal the past by dwelling there but by living fully in the present. "Listen deeply to truly love" Thich Nhat Hanh
Life is fun and enjoyable whatever I'm doing. Friends and good conversation are important together with books/ideas/social reform/world politics/social justice/etc.
I have begun studies in Restorative Justice and Mediation and hope to be able to work in this area next year. Have a great reference/ reading library and am a lover of clothes, modern and retro. "We read to know we're not alone". Able to evaluate different sides to the same arguments. Not a super intellect but very broad in interests due to travel. I've been on my own long enough to learn about myself and decide I'm ready for a new relationship if the possibility presents itself. I am confident and calm and engage in serious conversation. Some of my life skills are intellectual curiosity, being a good friend and finding simple pleasures to enjoy. If you are married please don't waste my time or yours!
If you are similar to me I'd like to hear from you. Connecting with people who remind me of who I am is the key. I like some of the buddhist precepts on the meaning of life and how to find it and especially about space within relationships. I don't have any expectations but if you are someone I like I'm sure we'd get on well. People need other people! A healthy relationship is one where 2 independent people make a deal they will help make the other person the best version of themselves. Does this describe you?
"If you lead, I may not follow,
If you follow I may not lead
Walk beside me be my friend."
At a glance
|Age||67 years old||55 - 73 years old|
|Location||Greater Bendigo Region, VIC||Within 500km|
|Height||5'2/157 cm||5'9/175 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||White / Caucasian|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||Don't live with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Degree|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs||Left wing, No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Non-drinker||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
The most important thing I am looking for in a person is integrity and depth of feeling, intellect, compassion, humour and life experience. One who has lived well and experienced much and whose life has crystalised into exactly what is important for them. Someone who cares and respects others.
- broad interest in a lot of music from rock to opera and inbetween; music makes the soul sing .. Mike Oldfield's Tubular Bells and Incantations, Kitaro Celestial.
- wide range of reading including buddhism/psychology/ philosophy/ ... just finished Alex Miller's Power of Love.
- Movies & TV
- governed by informative value and "other world" views ...social justice issues ... documentaries, political commentaries in the UK and US ... occasional tv movies and cinemas
- tennis and Wimbledon / yoga / swimming .. walk dogs every day and use an exercise bike .. hoping to graduate to a recumbent bike soon .. who knows I might get dangerous?
- Other Interests
- Exploring the meaning of life and having fun. That buddhist concept of each moment is as good as the next moment! I enjoy whatever I choose to do. At a time of life where the simple pleasures mean the most ... "In each of us there is another we do not know." Carl Jung