49, Male, Divorced, Melbourne - Western Suburbs, VIC
- Last online:
HeadlineFather. Filmmaker. Musician.
An Englishman who's circled the globe and chosen Melbourne as home.
It's been a helluva roller coaster life, lots of fantastic highs and the odd awful low. Here's some headlines...
Despite the moody profile pics I do laugh a lot, I'm an optimist, extremely motivated and ambitious yet somehow prone to laying about and being an idle dreamer... I write as part of my job yet I'm a poor speller, I blame school.
I'm attracted to authenticity and independence in a woman, It feels like being apart is as important as being together. I like easy going, quietly self assured folk.
I've three fantastic grown up daughters and a son, 17, 22, 24, and 30. I'm proud as punch.
I'm a singer/songwriter, I play in a band, I've made 3LP's and about to release a 4th, RRR and PBS play my stuff sometimes, here's most of the appraisals as one word...
My career is important to me and I am lucky to have spent most of my adult life making television and documentary films and now I run my own production company. Tough business.
My politics are a fair bit to the left, I'm always open to ideas but if you're right wing or have bought into the demonisation of Muslims and refugees then I can't see this working out!
I'm an artist, a bit multi-sided, a little complicated but honest and sincere with surprisingly little baggage! I'm not really the picket fence type but I am a devoted family man.
At a glance
- 49 years old
- Melbourne - Western Suburbs, VIC
- 5'11/180 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Leo
- Personality - Social
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Body Type - Average
- Have no children at home - 4 children aged 17 to 30 yo
- Don't want children
- Have pets
- Education - High School
- Advertising / PR / Media
- Business Owner
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
his ideal partner
- 42 - 52 years old
- Within 75km
- Don't want children
- Left wing
What I'm looking for
I couldn't possibly write anything here that wouldn't be a guess in the wind. She could be like me or the opposite of me, somehow I don't think we get to choose... but independent and serendipitous in nature please.
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Cornershop, TheMighty HorseJake Bugg, Paul Weller, Beth Orton, Nick Drake, Speed Orange, Johnny Cash, Tim Hardin, PJ Harvey, The Felice Brothers, Nick Cave, soul, dub,reggae, folk, rock. too much to list really but I love singer/songwriters. I love music from the 60's.
- Kurt Vonnegut Gabrielle Garcia Marquez, Jeffrey Eugenides, Milan Kundera, Michelle Houellebecq. Irvine Welsh Jo Nesbo Nick Hornby so many books so little time... Oh... and an alarming addiction to Scandinavian crime thrillers.
- Movies & TV
- "Dead Man" by Jim Jarmusch. "Brubaker" 70's flick with Robert Redford. City of God I kinda like quirky, arty, movies but also guilty of enjoying soppy romantic comedies, good stories mainly
- I like soccer but only really follow it during big events like the world cup, I do like sport but it doesnt compete very well with other passions. I swim a bit, walk the dog, I gave up smoking 2 years ago, been edging back into exercise with a vague idea I might give Yoga a spin, maybe!
- Other Interests
- Fatherhood and writing songs is what I feel good at.