68, Female, Divorced, Melbourne City, VIC
- Last online:
- 23 Oct '18
About me - headline
I have worked out what is sauce for the goose and I hope it will prove to be sauce for the gander.
About me - description
I had always worked full-time in an enjoyable but demanding industry until about 3 years ago when I decided to stop and become an "Aristocrat". I have been married and have grown up children (even grandchildren). I now have the luxury of doing the things that I really like.
My interests include socialising with friends and family, live theatre of all kinds, music of many kinds, tennis (playing and watching), languages (living and dead but particularly French), travel (within Australia but also overseas and and especially to Europe), the arts generally and reading (mainly biographies, history and the business pages).
I play tennis about twice a week. I do a great deal of going out but I also enjoy just being at home. I like going to concerts (mainly classical) and to the theatre. I keep my brain tuned with language classes and cryptic crosswords. I like holidaying but I was not made for the hot sun. I keep in touch with a wide variety of friends from all periods of my life. I have always lived in the city (and near the centre of the city for all my adult life) but I have strong connections with the country too.
My ideal bloke would be interested in some, but not necessarily all, of the things I like. Hopefully he would have some other interests of his own which would make for fun conversation with me, but not always for my involvement.
I cook a bit; I drink a bit; I do not smoke and I can certainly hold a conversation.
I like things to be fun, so he really has to have a sense of humour and a quick wit -or just be someone who likes my company.
At a glance
- 68 years old
- Melbourne City, VIC
- White / Caucasian
- Have no children at home
- Don't want children
- Personality - Social
- Star sign - Aries
- 5'3/160 cm
- Body Type - Average
- Eye colour - Hazel
- Hair colour - Auburn
- Education - Post Graduate
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
- Have no pets
her ideal partner
- 60 - 69 years old
- Within 100km
- Single, Widowed, Divorced, Separated
- White / Caucasian
- Have no children at home, Sometimes have children at home
- Don't want children
- 5'6/167 cm - 6'3/190 cm
- Education - Degree
What I'm looking for
My ideal partner needs to be energetic and like going places and doing things. I'd like him to be keen on mixing with my friends and relatives (including the country ones) and I am happy to do the same with his. It would be nice if he wanted to travel to Europe and the UK and if he liked Noosa.
- I like most classical music old and new including Bach and Sculthorpe. I go to Music Viva and other concerts at places such as the Melbourne Recital Centre. I also like most opera and singers such as Robeson, Joplin or Cohen. In general I am happy to see almost any live music.
- I used to be a voracious reader but working in a profession which was largely document based has meant I turned to other things for recreation. I read The Age and The Fin Review and I like histories and biographies of historical figures but I am disappointed in how little I read now.
- Movies & TV
- I like foreign language films and I always go to the French Film Festival. I also like Australian films. I rarely see the blockbusters. I avoid the cinemas which smell too much of popcorn. I tend to stick to the "B Grade police movies" on TV and I watch the ABC or SBS mainly but I do surf Netflix.
- My mother's parents had a "lawn tennis court" on their farm (in the pictures it looks like a rocky paddock) so I was encouraged to play tennis. My level is only social but I am very keen. I belong to 2 clubs. I love to swim in the ocean. I follow the Tour de France for the tactics and the scenery.
- Other Interests
- I like textiles and I go to any exhibition which features them. Often this will be a country gallery such as Bendigo. I go to the Races (generally Flemington) a bit. I like Open Gardens and events such as Trivia Nights. I am inclined to say yes to any outing a friend proposes.