57, Female, Divorced, Canberra - Southern Suburbs, ACT
- Last online:
- 17 Aug '18
HeadlineContent with what I have and excited about what's to come...
I feel happy in my skin, am optimistic and for the most part content with my lot. I'm independent but willing to put time and effort into relationships, life has taught me that relationships are what really matter the rest is window dressing. I'm a realist and believe that open and honest communication is the key to sorting things out and keeping expectations in sync.
I've traveled a lot overseas; loved South America, adored India...volunteering on Tibetan refugee settlements was a highlight. I spent six months in the Philippines for work and have just returned from a trip to the Greek Islands and the UK. There are still plenty of overseas trips I'm planning to do including Russia and China.
In addition to my day job I do some editing but would like to have it as a constant in my life, maybe when I'm no longer working full-time. I plan to do some further study for a teaching English as a second language qualification then maybe combine teaching with overseas travel if the opportunity arises.
At times I enjoy being in my own space, but a special intimate companion to spend time with would round out what really is a comfortable life. I don't need to be 'in love' to give my life meaning and would be happy to start with a caring friendship that can deepen over time. On the other hand I believe in chemistry so if things feel right I'm generally happy to go with the flow. I enjoy discussing serious or topical issues but am also content chatting at the end of a busy day about the ordinary things we all have to grapple with.
At a glance
- 57 years old
- Canberra - Southern Suburbs, ACT
- 5'4/162 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Gemini
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Brown
- Hair colour - Blonde
- Body Type - Average
- Have no children at home - 1 child up to 21 years old
- Don't want children
- Like pets but do not have any
- Education - Post Graduate
- Government employee
- Swinging voter
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
her ideal partner
- 50 - 60 years old
- Within 50km
- Widowed, Single, Divorced
- Body Type - Average
What I'm looking for
I enjoy being active and getting out and about on weekends so am looking for similar in a partner, also someone who has a positive outlook and makes me smile. I'm hoping to meet a man who is secure enough to draw on my strengths, can provide support when I need it and knows how to relax and have fun
- Elvis Costello, Lou Reed (RIP), Iggy Pop and basically anything from the 80's. Also enjoy more contemporary artists such as London Grammar, the Rubens, Lana Del Rey and Flume. Alternate between JJ and ABC radio and enjoy live music especially blues. Love classical music but know little about it
- Like to read anything on geopolitics and when I get time enjoy a good crime fiction, but really whatever takes my interest. Subscribe to the Economist. and Foreign affairs.
- Movies & TV
- Mainly watch ABC TV and iView to catch up on missed episodes. Enjoy sci-fi movies eg i-Robot, Avatar and Inception. Prefer action movies but there must be a good plot/storyline. Tend to avoid commercial channels but when I do watch I always mute the ads!
- I love the outdoors and do a lot of walking, enjoying discovering some of the great walks around Canberra. In the past I played competition netball and squash and did a lot of scuba diving. I've played some golf and intend to play regularly when I retire. Love my yoga :-)
- Other Interests
- Weekends away. Wineries. Markets. Cultural events. Live music. Blues nights at the National Press Club. Quiet moments in a nice setting with a special someone, maybe a conversation over a glass or two of wine. Visit family in Wollongong as often as I can.