Headline“Enjoying the rewards of semi-retirement and would now like to find a compatible companion/friend with similar interests & values. ”
Reasonably reserved but also very fun-loving! Have enjoyed working in a profession and the rewards it provides, now working towards 'smelling the roses' including the company of a gentleman who thinks similarly. Love travelling overseas but not incessantly; home is pretty good too! I love London and New York and the idyllic English countryside but also like what Australia has to offer. Have been blessed with two great daughters and three beautiful grandchildren who are an important part of my life.Now looking for some 'me time' and adult company, growing up a bit more and exploring the world through someone else's eyes as well as my own.
Looking for a genuine, caring, thoughtful person who values a friend to start with and see what unfolds. Someone who wants to embark on the exciting journey of getting to know each other over coffee, the occasional glass of wine, dining out, scenic walks, browsing markets, watching movies, the theatre, visiting art galleries and more.
At a glance
|Age||65 years old||61 - 70 years old|
|Location||Brisbane City & Northern Suburbs, QLD||Within 100km|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Widowed, Divorced|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||5'8/172 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Body type||Average||Average, A bit overweight, Athletic|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home
||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Degree||Diploma, Degree, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Other||Healthcare / Medical, Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology, Government, Retired, Consulting, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, HR/Employment / Training, Legal, Financial Services, Volunteer / Charity / Community, Education / Science, Construction, Accounting, Administration|
|Job role||Professional||Business Owner, Technical, Professional, Executive, Management, Senior Management, Admin / Clerical / Secretarial|
|Religion||Catholic||Other Christian, Catholic, Anglican|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Warm, caring, considerate, educated, generous, family-oriented, genuinely looking for companionship. Likes some intellectual conversation, interested in some travel, home comforts and world affairs. Still has a curiosity and zest for what life has to offer.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Beatles. Queen, Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Cilla Black, Blondie - many, many more. Some classical and country - Keith Urban
- Mainly biographies, newspapers, professional literature; online material- various. Reading about gardening and collectables.
- Movies & TV
- Movies - The English Patient, Lost in Translation, Temptations of Youth, The Intern, Grand Budapest Hotel. Some comedies too. TV - English comedies, Doc Martin, Call the Midwife, Documentaries, House & Garden, Australian Story, Q & A, news, current affairs, Dancing with The Stars.
- Enjoy walking now, some light gym activities. watch tennis, little cricket, Olympic swimming, athletics.
- Other Interests
- Enjoy gardening, house improvement when time permits etc