54, Female, Divorced, Launceston & Northern Region, TAS
- Last online:
- 21 Sep '18
About me - headline
About me - description
I'm a 54 year old supreme optimist with an innate ability to see the glass half full. Have a ridiculous and sometimes inappropriate sense of humour and enjoy good company, conversation and food.
Having worked with international students for many years and seeing our beautiful state through the eyes of people from lands not so lucky, I have grown to love Tasmania and truly believe we are so fortunate to live in paradise. My only hope is that it stays that way.
Believe that people are basically good but some are better than others. Have a real appreciation for aesthetic beauty - art, music, food, animals, nature and can find beauty in most things.
My friends are the best and I choose them wisely. The people I want in my life must come with integrity, honesty and fun.
Weekends don't usually involve too many high energy pursuits - perhaps coffee/lunch with friends, reading the papers, keeping up with current politics Aust and international, watching a film on SBS On Demand or at the new Star Theatre. Enjoy going to a farmers' market or for a walk. In summer, I'll go to the beach and love to be near the water.
Trying to live my best life without leaving too much of a footprint.
At a glance
- 54 years old
- Launceston & Northern Region, TAS
- White / Caucasian
- Sometimes have children at home
- Don't want children
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Star sign - Aries
- 5'1/154 cm
- Body Type - Average
- Eye colour - Hazel
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Education - Degree
- Other job role
- Often drinker
- No special diet
- Left wing
- Have pets
her ideal partner
- 45 - 63 years old
- Within 250km
- Single, Widowed, Separated, Divorced
- Have no children at home, Sometimes have children at home, Have children at home, Have no children
- Personality - Sometimes Social, Social, Private
- Body Type - Average, A bit overweight, Slim
- Hair colour - Dark Brown, Blonde, Black, Grey, Light Brown, White
- Education - Degree, Post Graduate, Diploma
- Occasional/social drinker, Often drinker
- Vegetarian, No special diet
- Buddhist, Catholic, Atheist, Other Christian, Jewish, Anglican, Agnostic
- Left wing, No strong political beliefs, Swinging voter
- Have pets, Like pets but do not have any
What I'm looking for
Good manners matter, sense of humour a must. Ability to spell and communicate well appreciated.
- Music is a constant. Some favourites: Edith Piaf, Frank Sinatra, Madeleine Peyroux, London Grammar, Cecilia Bartoli, Daft Punk, Damien Rice, Dan Fogelberg, Coldplay, Amy Winehouse, Sarah Blasko, Sting, Kasey Chambers, Elliott Smith, Eva Cassidy, Nicolette Larson, Stevie Nicks, Kate Bush, Sia, Pixies
- Weekend Australian, biographies and other non-fictiion.
- Movies & TV
- We need a State Theatre in the North! BOFA film festival a great addition to the local calendar.Favourites: La Vie en Rose, Atonement, Schindler's List, Pure, Lust, Caution, Mystic River, Bright Star, Closer, Irreversible, Blue is the Warmest Colour, Breakfast at Tiffanys. Ida, Wajda, Force Majeur
- Bit of yoga, bit of walking, bit of PT. Not much of an interest in competitive sport, except will watch World Cup soccer, esp finals and maybe even AFL Grand Final at a push.