- Last online:
- 17 Oct '17
Headline“Serious and fun! Hoping to find a kind, thinking soul who enjoys sharing the journey of life, and cares about the world we live in. ”
I am easy going and patient, love wholesome fun and although quiet and gentle I love to think deeply about life. People fascinate me! I love a simple balanced life.
Family is very important to me and I have 2 wonderful, unmarried grownup sons.
I enjoy bush walking,nature, reading, music, good movies. i would enjoy seeing more of Australia esp by hiking - not the super rugged way but with day packs and cabins. Open to the idea of overseas travel - I have been to PNG, lived through an earthquake in Christchurch, visited America and Mexico but I tend to get homesick for Australia after a while.
I am community minded and like joining in with activities that bring people together.
I have a fairly spiritual worldview - although not Buddhist I think the Dalai Lama was on to something when he said "My religion is kindness".
I am still working and enjoy a long weekend every week.
If I wasn't working I would enjoy a mixture of fun and active activities with friends and family, volunteering in the community and continuing learning such as with U3A.
I am concerned about social justice and inspired by great men and women who have had the courage to make the world a better place.
I do like healthy living without being fanatical. I guess I am an idealist (but not a perfectionist).
Since becoming single and the boys being launched into their adult lives I miss having a close companion with similar interests to do life with - I believe a relationship takes time, grows out of friendship and feeling comfortable with one another as well as that extra unexplainable spark!
At a glance
|Age||59 years old||55 - 66 years old|
|Location||Mid North Coast, NSW||Within 250km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Divorced, Single|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Gemini Check compatibility »|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Wants children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Degree||Post Graduate, Diploma, Degree|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Non-drinker||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
What I'm looking for
Someone with a kind happy face is a good start! Thinks deeply about life, enjoys family, tries to take care of their health, and has a fairly compatible personality. Someone who is open to understanding themselves and others more and wants to share the journey with its ups and downs ..
- Wide variety- from light classical (Andre Rieu) to folky (Mumford and Sons) even some of the lighter modern songs my boys play to me ( they seem to know what I would like).
- At present I tend to read books about life, faith, spirituality, philosophy. currently enjoying David Richo, Rob Bell. Otherwise I have enjoyed inspiring true stories. I do lots of google searches - the ability to have a whole library in your home is amazing!
- Movies & TV
- I seem to spend most of my TV time watching ABC and occasionally SBS. I like the Drum, Australia story, 4 corners etc. I am interested in world events but struggle to understand economics! I like movies too- true stories, romcom, but find I am watching less now and read more.
- Not really competitive so more inclined to walking and swimming. I think Olympic runners look spectacular. I would lean towards watching non contact sports the most but I don't tend to sit down and watch much.
- Other Interests
- I quite enjoy board games and cards - I find them a nice way to socialise and have fun. bushwalking, kayaking, socialising over a hot drink, would like to pursue permaculture and live more sustainably, volunteer in the community, live musicals...