49, Female, Single, Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- Last online:
HeadlineHighly educated, mildly elegant and much fun ...
I am ambitious, creative, motivated and, at times, very lazy. I set myself challenges, work and play hard but also like to retreat every so often, to take the time to appreciate the world around me and just sit back and observe.
Well-travelled and reasonably urbane, I like some quite traditional, homely things like cooking and gardening but also go a bit stir-crazy if this goes on too long. I get excited by art, architecture and good design, and the natural environment. Whenever in a new city, I plan times in museums and galleries, and like to get a bike to ride around; it's the best way to stop and make impromptu discoveries.
On the weekend I love a long lie in, if I can, and then, if someone has done the housework and made me breakfast, to garden, build or make things. Followed by a good meal out with fine wine, and finish with a film or even a game of pool.
At a glance
- 49 years old
- Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- 5'2/157 cm
- Occasional/social smoker
- Personality - Social
- Eye colour - Brown
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Body Type - Average
- Have children at home - 1 child
- Don't want children
- Have pets
- Education - Post Graduate
- Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
her ideal partner
- 42 - 56 years old
- Within 75km
- Single, Widowed, Divorced, Separated
- at least 5'9/175 cm
- Non-smoker, Occasional/social smoker
- Body Type - Athletic, Average, Slim
- Sometimes have children at home, Have no children, Have children at home, Have no children at home
- Don't want children
- Left wing, Swinging voter, No strong political beliefs
What I'm looking for
Friendship, mutual respect and shared interests. I also like someone who is willing to experience new things and to challenge me to do the same.
- Florence and the Machine, Cat Empire, Tame impala, Barry Adamson's Back to the Cat is one of my favourites; I also enjoy a wide range of funk, house, pop and disco for dancing and / or housework; and jazz and chamber music for special outings.
- most recently: When we were orphans and The Miniaturist; as well: Peter Carey's Chemistry of tears, Kim Mahood's Craft for a dry lake and Phryne Fisher mysteries ... when I'm not ploughing through articles and books for my work and studies.
- Movies & TV
- ABC, SBS, classic, art house and pop films, some recent examples being Sing street, Mafia only kills in summer, and, before that,Tracks, Monument men and Last king of Scotland (super tough!) ... often known as a lot of time on planes or teen pulp!
- kayaking, roller derby, yoga, aqua aerobics, sailing and bushwalking
- Other Interests
- Since submission and being conferred in 2016, I am back to great things missing for too long: holidays, roadtrips, gardening and renovations right now, but also looking forward to more camping and bushwalking, sailing, movies, dancing, games of every type ... and all things new.