40, Female, Single, Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs, VIC
- Last online:
- 20 Oct '18
About me - headline
A first date with me will probably have a few strange moments...
About me - description
I will probably try to be humorous/flirtatious/cool but end up saying something inappropriate/awkward/creepy out of nervousness. I'm known for telling it like it is or being a bit blunt but bear with me and hopefully you'll come to appreciate my sense of humour and personality!
I've spent the last too many years cruising along, assuming that 'the one' would come along eventually and it would all work out, but here I am, almost 40 and single. Eeep!!! Time to get serious with the dating game.
I'm not really sure what I'm after other than a best friend and companion that I can have lots of laughs and good times with. I think I'm pretty good at adulting so looking for someone that also has their sh*t together. I love good food and good wine but focusing on my health at the moment as I have a tendency to overdo it. I enjoy holidays and travelling but I can be quite a homebody at times. Most people would describe me as an extrovert however although I'm known for loving a chat and having a laugh, I can just as much retreat into peace and quiet.
Fingers crossed that my soulmate is out there and up for the challenge that is me!
At a glance
- 40 years old
- Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs, VIC
- Have no children
- Possibly want children
- Star sign - Cancer
- 5'6/167 cm
- Education - Degree
- IT / Telecoms
- Trying to quit smoking
- Occasional/social drinker
- Like pets but do not have any
her ideal partner
- 37 - 45 years old
- Within 10km
- Widowed, Divorced, Single
- Have no children
- at least 5'1/154 cm
- Body Type - Athletic, Slim, Average
- Education - High School, Diploma, Some college, Degree
- Occasional/social smoker, Trying to quit smoking, Non-smoker
- I grew up in the grunge era so those bands are still on heavy rotation. I still lean towards rock/guitar-based music, but I certainly love a singalong or dance to any pop, old or new!
- I read on the train daily, mostly crime/mystery/thrillers with the odd drama or romance thrown in. Mostly authors like Michael Connelly, Lee Child, James Patterson, nothing too serious.
- Movies & TV
- I love the escapism of movies & TV but I've never had Foxtel or Netflix for fear of falling in a huge binge watching hole. I don't watch a lot of reality, mostly dramas and comedy, should probably watch more current affairs and stuff of substance...
- I don't have much interest in sport but I play netball socially and I enjoy going to the tennis. I'm not overly active but I do enjoy exercise and being active, especially if given a bit of encouragement and motivation
- Other Interests
- Sleeping in, slow mornings drinking coffee and reading the paper