Headline“LIfe is for living; life is an adventure.”
Independent, happy, healthy and creative, enjoying these years so much. I love my family, my friends, my life here in this beautiful place. I write, edit and paint (pastels) and would love to find a friend, lover and companion who wants to share the pleasures and mysteries of the known and unknown with me. My photos are recent, ranging from 2015 to now. I'm a country girl at heart, born on a sheep farm in the outback. Have lived overseas for many years in my early adult life, and haven't travelled much since then. I'd love to do a little more overseas travel- UK, especially the north and Scotland, the islands, Norway, Iceland... I'd like to see more of Australia too.
But I'm also happy here in this funky town, nestling in a rich river valley, folded by mountains.
I paint in pastels, have created some beautiful landscapes which are much admired, and would love to sell a few more so I can paint some more!
I also write memoir, and am writing the story of my life as a child and my mother's story, running a sheep farm on our own after my father left.
Editing is my bread and butter and jam and cream; I've helped many writers publish, gain their degrees, and perfect their writing; it's a lovely way of sharing my love of words.
Nothing missing, really, except a soul mate to share things with.
At a glance
|Age||69 years old||65 - 75 years old|
|Location||Northern Rivers, NSW||Within 500km|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Divorced, Single, Separated|
|Height||5'3/160 cm||5'5/165 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius Check compatibility »|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Average|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate, Diploma, High School, Some college|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter||No strong beliefs, Swinging voter, Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Often||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A man who lives for now, happy, good sense of humour. Empathic, intelligent, cares about people, nature, respects differences, and has an enquiring mind. Loves good conversation. Creative, perhaps likes making things, A one-woman man, who likes women but doesn't want to play the field.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- eclectic: classical, especially baroque, pop, rock, retro. jazz, swing. Have lost two musical heroes this year, Leonard Cohen and David Bowie.
- literary fiction and non-fiction, memoir, classics, how other people live
- Movies & TV
- ABC, SBS, good drama series, including Scandinavian noir, (British, Scandinavian, sometimes Australian) police dramas, classics, arthouse, foreign. Enjoy good period series like Outlander and Poldark.
- Hmm... yoga, walking, dancing, star gazing, bushwalking
- Other Interests
- art! I am a pastel painter, exhibited, of landscapes; love good art and architecture, gardens, nature, wildlife, stars, dancing, good conversation, coffee, cooking and good eating, travel but not just tourism. Exploring life!