34, Female, Single, Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS
- Last online:
- 18 Oct '18
About me - headline
lover of cellos, earthworms and muddy gaiters
About me - description
Since this time last year I've moved continents, counted pollen (yes really!), fallen in love with swing dancing, and played roles from archaeologist to public health researcher. It's been quite a journey, but I've always been somewhat of a junkie for diversity, balanced (at least I try..) with a bit of grounding through yoga, walking in the bush, and 'Bob' the cello.
I also grow radishes, tatsoi, strawberries, chives, and as much basil as I can coax out of the earth. For four years, that earth was the dense, sticky clays of Cambridge, now, it is the familiar black sands of my Tasmanian childhood, less fertile but eminently more forgiving.
Now that I've swapped robins for currawongs, and oak trees for waratahs, I'm seeking someone to share these things with - to climb mountains, wade through the waves, and bake bread with me. I'd like someone to share the beauty, pain and frailties of the world with, from the peace of the alpine plateaus to the injustices that a changing climate will bring. I'm looking for someone to laugh with, and who can push me, gently, to be the best version of myself that I can be.
Person is more important to me than location, and I travel to my old stomping ground of Melbourne particularly frequently. So wherever you are, if you're up for exploring the wilderness, the world, and the joys of radishes together, drop me a line.
At a glance
- 34 years old
- Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS
- Have no children
- Possibly want children
- Star sign - Virgo
- 5'2/157 cm
- Education - Post Graduate
- Other industry
- Occasional/social drinker
- Left wing
- Like pets but do not have any
her ideal partner
- 29 - 45 years old
- Within 500km
- Have children at home, Have no children at home, Sometimes have children at home, Have no children
- Possibly want children, Want children
- Occasional/social smoker, Non-smoker
- Left wing
- From folk to indie and Shostakovich: I have a pretty broad church. Anything that feeds the soul or makes you dance.
- I do much less of it than I should! I have a passion for languages, so at the moment much of my reading goes towards trying to keep up my Japanese and Italian. Otherwise, I have a soft spot for historical novels, fantasy, or non-fiction - popular science, gardening, cooking.....always cooking!
- Movies & TV
- I don't watch TV often, but do occasionally indulge in the odd Game of Thrones or Joss Whedon series. Good quality drama, comedy or documentaries. Utopia, Red dwarf and the like make me laugh.
- Yoga, mainly, and hiking when I can. I also have a mostly unfulfilled love of sea kayaking and am currently attempting to learn to swing dance.
- Other Interests
- Growing things! At least if they are edible - you name it, I'll try to make it grow. More broadly, I care deeply about politics and where the world is going. I also unwind a lot by cooking - anything from hot cross buns to vietnamese crepes.