55, Female, Single, Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs, VIC
- Last online:
- 19 Mar '18
HeadlineThe sensitive kind...
"If you believe, I know you will find
There ain't nothing like the sensitive kind"'
Well, JJ Cale described me and many fellow souls who are the sensitive kind...
Who am I ? Neither bored nor boring. People say that talking with me is always entertaining.
I still have some traits of youth, a certain disrespect for authority maybe...I do not like to "play the game", be it in my work or love relationships. I have a youthful attitude and get along best with people have retained their enthusiasm for life, still have hopes, dreams, goals, faith in life...
I enjoy simple things and can be "silly" given the right context but I cannot do without deep thought. Exchanges of ideas are important to me and I like people who are curious about the world, like me. I am very passionate about understanding things but some things cannot be explained only rationally ... Life is a mystery and this has to be respected.
I use my brain a lot and can be intense but I also like to lighten up and have fun! I am independent ( yes, financially secure), very sensitive and attentive to other people's feelings. An introvert but not antisocial. I have what some would call a reasonably successful career but I don't make a big deal out of it. It is just what I do.
Ideally, I would like to meet someone who might also want a relationship but this cannot be forced. It has to happen naturally and it all starts in the now.
Yes, I have a past ... Born and raised in Europe. Life brought me to Australia and made me discover cultural diversity . I have always been attracted to cultural difference.
Please note: my photo is not very recent. Reliable friends tell me I still look like this. Recent dates said I looked better than my photo. Am organizing for new ones.
At a glance
|Age||55 years old||45 - 57 years old|
|Location||Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs, VIC||Within 100km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Single, Separated, Divorced|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||at least 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer|
|Personality||Sometimes Social||Social, Private, Sometimes Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Slim||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||No children, Don't live with them, Sometimes living with them, Living with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Possibly wants children, Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Some college, Diploma, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Education / Science|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, Swinging voter, No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Respectful, intelligent, someone who has looked after his body as well as his soul. I am not shopping for the perfect handbag. I don't have a list of requirements for the "ideal partner" but if you don't have empathy, curiosity, a concern for social justice, we probably won't get along.
- Music is very important but because of my life experiences, it is also associated with some painful memories. I can explain. . A variety of tastes from Gregorian chant, baroque to R and B, jazz and world music . Lately. mad about Pink Martini.
- I read a lot for work but I love finding novels that will make me enter a totally different world, like Murakami's 1Q84... Could give more examples but prefer for this to come up naturally, in conversation.
- Movies & TV
- I have not seen a lot of films lately. I have been too busy with a major work project I completed this year , am surrounded by people who are too busy with work and don't really like to go on my own.But I have always loved cinema and would love to get back into it.
- I have never been sporty but discovered yoga and have become committed to practising it regularly. Quite a bit of my exercise is staying active in my garden which I maintain on my own. Decided I should try to do more for cardio vascular fitness and got an exercise bike but it's boring!!!
- Other Interests
- Well, I mentioned my garden above. I am passionate about it and in the past I did wonder if I should not change career. I am very interested in the diversity of cultures on this planet, international politics, global issues and I like to travel.