30, Male, Single, Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- Last online:
- 22 Oct '18
About me - headline
My friends describe me as "unique", now if only I could get them to stop doing the air quotes.
About me - description
I'm a bit of a geek, I have a few areas of interest ranging from reading/stories, theatre to making things.
I love trying my hand at different skills and activities to get a sense of things and learning about people's passions.
Aside from that, I try to keep fit and socialise with my friends.
About two years ago I moved to Canberra from Perth, and have yet to regret the move. I have come to miss the ocean, but make up for it with trips down the coast whenever I can - you're welcome to come with me.
I've been fortunate enough to see a little bit of the world; from parts of Europe, a little bit of Egypt, and a growing portion of Australia. I hope to expand that out to include Japan, Spain, and the Americas, with a return to Europe not off the cards.
I enjoy the journey as much as the destination. The getting there and getting lost is half the fun; the people you eat the food you meet... check that, other way around.
I'm happy, have a great job, and am slowly working out this work/life balance thing...
At a glance
- 30 years old
- Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- Middle Eastern
- Have no children
- Want children
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Star sign - Capricorn
- 6'3/190 cm
- Body Type - Average
- Eye colour - Brown
- Hair colour - Black
- Education - Post Graduate
- Government employee
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
- Swinging voter
- Like pets but do not have any
his ideal partner
- 18 - 38 years old
- Within 50km
- Other Islander, Indian, Asian, Hispanic / Latino, Mixed Race, Black / African, White / Caucasian, Other background, Middle Eastern, Maori, Aboriginal / TSI
- Have no children
- Possibly want children, Want children
- Personality - Social, Private, Sometimes Social, Very Private
- Star sign - Leo, Aries, Libra, Gemini, Virgo, Scorpio, Taurus, Cancer, Aquarius, Sagittarius, Pisces, Capricorn
- Body Type - A bit overweight, Average, Athletic, Slim
- Eye colour - Green, Hazel, Grey, Black, Brown, Blue, Other
- Hair colour - Red, Dark Brown, Auburn, Blonde, Other, Black, Light Brown
- Education - High School, Degree, Diploma, Some college, Post Graduate
- Advertising / PR / Media, Government employee, Sales / Marketing, Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology, Legal, Trades / Services, Accounting, Construction, Customer Service / Call Centres, Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering, Transport / Logistics / Warehousing, Consulting, Retail / Consumer / Personal Services, Education / Science, Hospitality / Tourism / Travel, IT / Telecoms, Defence / Emergency Services, Financial Services, Volunteer / Charity / Community, Administration, Student, Property / Real Estate, Other industry, Agricultural, HR/Employment / Training, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Healthcare / Medical
- Executive, Senior Management, Business Owner, Customer Service Role, Admin / Clerical / Secretarial, Management, Technical, Professional, Other job role, Student, Tradesperson
- Often drinker, Occasional/social drinker, Non-drinker
- Vegetarian, No special diet, Other special diet, Vegan
- Catholic, Agnostic, Jewish, Anglican, Other Christian
What I'm looking for
I'm hoping to find another Stranger in Paradise, and see where we go from there.
- I'm a sucker for a story; if the music tells one in the lyrics or in the composition chances are I can get behind it. I have a soft spot for odd songs, something that'll make you smile.
- Anything by Rosemary Sutcliff, beyond her I read widely and varied with leanings towards fantasy, sci-f, and historical fiction.
- Movies & TV
- Three of my favourite films are Goodbye Mr Chips, the Rocketeer and a League of their Own. Which is hilarious, as the first and the last aren't in my primary wheelhouse. Fair to good chance I'll like the bulk of your list.
- I try to keep active; however running, cycling, hiking and going to the gym got a whole of a lot easier with the invention of the audio book.
- Other Interests
- Books, Theatre, Art & Science, Nature, Travel, Cooking, Family. Really just life in general.