- Last online:
I'm a social and outgoing person, who is not afraid to display warmth or express affection to those that I love and care for. With a background in the visual arts, I've enjoyed reinventing myself to accommodate a fickle employment market, and, as a result, have recently held some interesting jobs. I like to keep active, but also know how to be still.
I have a beautiful daughter who is precious to me. My life is quite busy, however, I like to use my weekends for getaways, to relax or catch up with friends, as well for chores that need to be done. Although I am not a gym bunny, I consider myself to be quite active - by attending exercise classes, swimming laps and walking regularly. Keeping fit and healthy is important to me, as is eating well.
I like to spend my time reading, going to the cinema, theatre or art exhibitions, swimming for recreation (at the beach, river or the pool), having a well-made coffee at my local cafes, playing with my daughter, going for walks... I also like to travel to Sydney/Melbourne or the coast. Recently I travelled to Thredbo, and enjoyed a lovely summer retreat, taking in the fresh air and amazing scenery. Yoga and meditation are important features of my life as well.
I spent many years living in Europe working in the creative industries; I still miss the excitement that a more populated, older city can bring, but I now value what Canberra/Australia has to offer in other ways.
I value honesty, trust and mutual respect, as well as good communication, in a relationship. I like men who are outgoing, spontaneous, loving and kind. If you are also looking for a companion to grow with into the future, please get in touch. I'd love to meet you for a coffee or a wine, to get to know you better.
At a glance
|Age||50 years old||43 - 61 years old|
|Location||Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT||Within 250km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Single, Divorced, Separated|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||at least 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially, Regularly|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home
||Yes, have children living at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Undecided, Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||No, Yes, have pets, No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Diploma, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
I'd like to meet someone for friendship and companionship, someone that is spontaneous and secure. I value honesty, openness and good communication in a relationship.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I have quite a broad taste in music, from classical to contemporary. Presently listen to a lot of radio, and enjoy bands like Safia and Peking Duk ... Bach Double Violin Concerto is my all time favourite classical piece.
- I love reading, both fiction and nonfiction. Favourite authors include Italo Calvino, Murakami, Milan Kundera, Peter Carey, Will Self, Amy Tan, amongst others. Currently reading texts on Mindfulness or neuroplasticity...
- Movies & TV
- I like watching movies. Again, I have quite a broad taste, and particularly like to watch independent or foreign films (French, German). Not so much into action movies, preferring to watch good stories such as the Dressmaker, the Book Thief.
- Not really. Personally, I swim laps each week and go to an exercise class twice a week. I also try to walk regularly and hope to soon buy a bike. I've done yoga for years and meditate daily.
- Other Interests
- Media art & Photography; visiting art galleries, museums, the theatre, live music, festivals; eating good food, going out to cafes or restaurants; travelling, to the beach or the bush; foreign languages. I like doing crosswords!