- Last online:
- 18 Jan '17
While I am quite happy to be single, and lead a fairly social life, it would certainly make life more interesting to have a partner to share my time with - on weekend jaunts to the coast, country or cities, or when conducting day-to-day activities.
A bit about me in relationships - I am affectionate, tactile and (can be) quite playful. Although I am a fairly active person, finding time to relax is also important to me (i.e appreciating a lie in on the weekends, with a coffee and a good book). I like to stay healthy (by eating good food, staying active, being positive).
I have a varied professional background, and spent many years living in Northern Europe working in the creative industries, immersing myself in the culture and the language of this particular non-english speaking country. I still miss the excitement that a more populated, older city can bring, but I now value what Canberra/Australia has to offer in other ways. You can't beat an Australian beach or the smell of the bush...
I value honesty, trust and mutual respect, as well as good communication, in a relationship. I like men who are outgoing, spontaneous, loving and kind.
If you are also looking for a companion to grow with into the future, please get in touch. I'd love to meet you for a coffee or a wine, to get to know you better. My photos are currently hidden, but I am happy to unhide them for you if we get chatting. Please just ask.
At a glance
|Age||50 years old||43 - 61 years old|
|Location||Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT||Within 250km|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Widowed, Separated|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||at least 5'7/170 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially, Trying to quit, Regularly|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home
||Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's, Undecided, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, No, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate, Diploma|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
I'd like to meet someone for friendship and companionship, someone that is spontaneous and secure. I value honesty, openness and good communication in a relationship.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- I have quite a broad taste in music, from classical to contemporary. Presently listen to a lot of radio, and enjoy bands like Safia and Peking Duk ... Bach Double Violin Concerto is my all time favourite classical piece.
- I love reading, both fiction and nonfiction. Favourite authors include Italo Calvino, Murakami, Milan Kundera, Peter Carey, Will Self, amongst others. Currently reading texts on Mindfulness, or by Thich Nhat Hanh, among others...Currently reading Amy Tan.
- Movies & TV
- I like watching movies. Again, I have quite a broad taste, and particularly like to watch independent or foreign films (French, German). Not so much into action movies, preferring to watch good stories such as the Dressmaker, the Book Thief.
- Not really. Personally, I swim laps each week and go to an exercise class twice a week. I also try to walk regularly and hope to soon buy a bike. I've done yoga for years and meditate daily.
- Other Interests
- Media art & Photography; visiting art galleries, museums, the theatre, live music, festivals; eating good food, going out to cafes or restaurants; travelling, to the beach or the bush; foreign languages. I like doing crosswords!