70, Female, Single, Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC
- Last online:
About me - headline
Intelligent woman interested in friendship, dinner, movies
About me - description
I can be serious and funny. I like serious conversations and funny, especially witty, ones. I have written a song or ten and have spent quite a few years singing. My garden is one of my happy places. Enjoy music of many types,(Mozart loud on a sunny day is great); exploring ideas and new places (have traveled OS and in Australia quite a bit but want to see more of Australia now). Interested in the environment and sustainability and, (with exasperation) the ghastly state of Australian politics.
A bit of history - grew up on the beach in Melbourne, tertiary educated at Melbourne Uni then post graduate, mostly online, many years later, at Cambridge. Worked and lived in Victoria, then northern NSW. Have lived in a wide variety of dwellings including a 12 x 18 tent, a caravan, a 1937 sleeper train carriage, a beautiful timber cottage with bull-nose verandah and now a lovely timber cottage in Melbourne's inner North. Before returning to Melbourne, spent 11 years in Sydney mostly running my own businesses, which included teaching hundreds of people to sing. I've taught lots of people lots of things, been taught lots of things by lots of people and am still doing the latter in various ways. I've done a lot of singing in a range of styles, not so much now. An adventurous life when I look at it.
I enjoy my life as it is, but it would be lovely to add an extra spark. I'm not looking for an all-consuming passion - rather some good company to broaden my circle of friends. I appreciate honesty, but not the brutal variety; an inquiring mind; a sense of wonder, but not mindlessness. I believe in inclusiveness. I am independent and not looking to take over anyone's life nor have them take over mine. My friends tell me I am honest and caring.
At a glance
- 70 years old
- Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC
- Have no children
- Personality - Social
- Star sign - Gemini
- 5'7/170 cm
- Body Type - Average
- Eye colour - Brown
- Hair colour - White
- Education - Post Graduate
- Education / Science
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
- Left wing
- Like pets but do not have any
her ideal partner
- 60 - 72 years old
- Within 50km
- Single, Widowed, Divorced, Separated
- Have no children at home
- Personality - Sometimes Social, Social
- 5'8/172 cm - 6'2/188 cm
- Body Type - Average, A bit overweight
- Occasional/social smoker, Non-smoker
- Occasional/social drinker
What I'm looking for
Honesty, a sense of gratitude, a GSOH, stimulating conversation, an inquiring mind, openness to new ways of thinking and seeing, someone who likes the simple things of life. Musicality and dancing would be a plus.Some one who wants quality company, not necessarily the ultimate relationship.
- Eclectic tastes. Have done quite a lot of performance including lots of political satire. Funny stuff. Enjoy going to house concerts. But did see Leonard Cohen. Saw The Beatles and The Stones back in the day. A sunny day with Mozart blaring is good. Love the second movement of Beethoven's Pathetique
- Patrick White, Thomas Keneally. Currently reading his "Australians, Origins to Eureka" A good book is almost essential. Like almost anything well-written but prefer to steer clear of violence. (There's enough on the news). The weekend "Age". Winton's "Cloudstreet" is a favourite.
- Movies & TV
- Mostly non-commercial TV. Fairly eclectic taste in movies. Prefer well-written, well-scripted. Not violent. Enjoyed "Ladies in Black" for its inclusiveness and gentleness.
- Not much interested in sport. But do watch the AFL grand final and sometimes tennis. Appreciate the skill of soccer.
- Other Interests
- Collecting kookaburras - not real ones. Antiques and Collectables fairs. Environmental issues (member of Bush Heritage). Planning the renovation of my house. Gardening, sewing. I would love to go dancing again. Working very part-time.