- Last online:
- 20 Jan '17
Headline“Idealistic artistic intellectual seeks a nearly similar. ”
I have a head, two arms, two legs and a body.
Much more importantly I have a brain and a mind.
And good hair. Always been a fan of good hair.
I am so not material. I leave that for others to have it attempt to overshadow their inadequacies. Particularly in the car department.
This body and mind has lived in Europe for work and come back again. I work in the field of science with a philosophical bent.
I dislike long walks on the beach unless I have a hat on and long sleeves and trousers. The Australian sun is not something to mess with.
I grew up on a farm, and am extremely practical. I love old cars and caravans and have several rusting wrecks lying about waiting for more time. The good ones are in a shed, of course.
I am most definitely a youthful 48 year old. All those years wearing a hat, factor 700 and long sleeves I guess.
I spend most weekends working on my historical house. Little by little.
I'd be happy with a distance relationship as not looking to live in someone's pocket. Be pretty hot for a start.
I would never use the word lady in a million years, or hope that some Neanderthal is going to take me as a prize back to his cave.
I find it interesting that there are fewer left wing people over other political persuasions on here. Given Canberra is predominantly a left wing city was does it say about this particular demographic?
I also marvel at the idea that woman feel they have to be shorter than men or vice versa. I never even conceived that this was an issue. How desperately shallow.
I think the two traits I dislike the most in people are laziness and expediency.
Let's see if there is anyone out there. I'm not betting on it but then again I like others would like to meet someone too.
At a glance
|Age||48 years old||38 - 55 years old|
|Location||Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT||Within 250km|
|Relationship status||Single||Divorced, Separated, Single, Widowed|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Degree|
|Industry||Education / Science|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Probably not someone who is planning on auditioning for the Bachelorette or are blithely perpetuating an Aussie bloke stereotype. We will have nothing in common.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Classical, meaningful indie through to psytrance. I just bought tickets to the Tallis Scholars, Passenger, Nick Cave, PJ Harvey and Dave Stringer. I love The National. I also have just discovered Disturbed and their cover of Sounds of Silence. What a rock god. All that energy.
- Yes, I read. Have you read the Silver Brumby series? Then you will understand my avatar a little more. If you don't read First Dog on the Moon we will have nothing in common. I love love love him.
- Movies & TV
- I much prefer the word films. ABC & SBS watcher, particularly love nature and history of other places documentaries. Film-wise recently loved Snowden, The Imitation Game, Mandela, the Stephen Hawking one, Amy. Edward Norton should have waited for me to marry him. Or Luke McGregor. Wait for me boy.
- Is walking and riding a bike to work sport? Is bushwalking and camping a sport? God I hope not imagine that in the Olympics. I was the Fernwood ladies gym 2015 champion, which was a feat. Will return when ready. I've been upsizing instead since then. I'm laughing.
- Other Interests
- I am interested in everything that people have thought about for themselves. I despise mindless following in any form. I despise vanity, fakery, and dis-ingenuity. I am drawn to some new age things but from a meta-physical/spiritual rather than a religious viewpoint. I love Kirtan. I love vintage.