48, Female, Single, Sydney - Northern Beaches, NSW
- Last online:
- 18 Mar '18
HeadlineIt's time for me to find someone to share all the wonderful intricacies of life with!!
I am a thoughtful person, who laughs easily...& often, at myself. I'm honest & couldn't lie if you paid me - just don't have the (questionable) skill. I care deeply about our world & do as much possible in my little corner of it to leave it better than I found it. Experience has shown me that leading by example has a more positive outcome than forcing my beliefs on others.
I enjoy my work as a landscape designer & find that attention to detail is reflected throughout my life. I notice the small things & can be fascinated by an insect I've never seen or a concept I've not considered. People watching is truly entertaining.
I have a wonderful group of friends, enjoy catching up with them & also meeting new people. Put me in a room of strangers & I'm not phased. Try it again the following night & I won't be as happy. I love to socialise but also need quite time to recharge. Spending time at the beach, in my garden, with my dog, reading a book - gives me the energy for lively interaction with others.
I am hoping to meet someone with a strong moral core, who respects our natural world, who can laugh and love and meet me in the middle of all our differences. Someone to hold my hand when we are crossing a road and who looks for a hug from me when the s*$t hits the fan. I'd love to meet someone to share goofy times with, go camping, explore different cultures, sit and philosophise and then giggle at ourselves for being so pretentious & then giggle again cause we know how to spell 'philosophise'. Spelling is important.
I am ridiculously proud of my 20 year old daughter who is now spreading her wings and travelling the world. That I had a hand in this inspiring young woman's upbringing, is my greatest achievement!
If this resonates with you, drop me line.
At a glance
|Age||48 years old||46 - 54 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Northern Beaches, NSW||Within 25km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Divorced, Single, Separated|
|Height||5'8/172 cm||at least 5'8/172 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Personality||Sometimes Social||Social, Private, Sometimes Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home
||No children, Don't live with them, Living with them, Sometimes living with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Degree||Degree, Post Graduate, Some college, Diploma|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, No strong beliefs, Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
- I switch between Triple J, FBI, 702 or ABC Classic depending on my mood. At work I'll have Double J or Spotify on. I love The Cat Empire, The Strokes, Angus Stone, Michael Franti/Spearhead, Megan Washington, Lilly Allen and more. I also value silence though...constant noise hurts me.
- I am an avid reader. Some favourites include Isabel Allende, Bill Bryson, Terry Pratchet (RIP), Tim Winton, Neil Gaiman, David Malouf, Dickens, David Lawrence.... I like to change it up between respectable literature and Young Adult novels - a bit of history, some comedy, and lots of imagination.
- Movies & TV
- Fan of box sets, that way I can watch what I like without ads. Have been introducing some series I grew up with to my daughter...Twin Peaks, The X Files, Buffy. Just started Mad Men. Enjoy Game of Thrones, love Dr Who. Reality TV makes me cringe. Don't like TV on just for background noise.
- I'd prefer to participate than watch. Really not keen on watching sport on TV but have been known to cheer with gusto at Rugby and netball matches. I'll play cricket, golf and tennis but would rather go on a long ramble with the dog, a bike ride or a swim.
- Other Interests
- Love taking advantage of the beautiful area we live in...finding new walks with the dog, spending time at the beach or in my yard gardening, visiting a suburb known for it's ethnic cuisine, roaming around a market. The Sydney Festival!! The Art Gallery, museums. Camping. Laughing with friends.