- Last online:
Headline“Looking for Romeo....without the tragic ending”
Dear Future Friend
I find this excruciating...talking about myself...much prefer to hear about others.
I like to think I'm a Wab Sabi kind of girl...the lovely Japanese idea about aesthetics that sees true beauty in the qualities of imperfection, incompleteness and impermanence. The beauty of the worn and well-loved thing. I'm not perfect but I'm happy with that .
I have had my share of successes and failures ( character building) but overall have had a varied and fortunate life.
Two years ago while travelling around Australia I landed on a beautiful island and fell in love with the people and natural beauty....the adventure is on hold but not forgotten.
I have a wonderful job, allows me to travel to isolated parts of Australia , the Torres Strait and desert communities. I am passionate about equality and would prefer to work in underprivileged, disadvantaged communities.
I love to hear other peoples stories, I travel a lot. I'm a road less travelled sort of explorer....prefer the backstreets to the crowded tourist " must sees". Something that involves being involved, can't see myself sitting on a bus or cruise ship for a long , long time.
I have four children who live in Sydney so I get my opportunities to escape island life and engage in "culture" on the old occasion....
I have not given up on finding my equal loving partner, travel mate and great friend....is that you? Are you just a little bit like me ( but a boy....obviously).
Good luck in your search. Me
At a glance
|Age||54 years old||50 - 61 years old|
|Location||Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS||Within 50km|
|Height||5'4/162 cm||at least 5'6/167 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Don't live with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Fun, chilled, attractive ( to me anyway), accomplished but down to earth, a traveller, willing to teach and happy to learn...
- I'm a bit of a dag....old stuff mostly. Music really touches me...the lyrics, the memories. Classical, musicals, Elvis, Sinatra, theres a time and mood for it all
- Always have a book on the go....belong to a local book club...enjoy the lively discussion. My all time favourite and heartbreaking novel...A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
- Movies & TV
- Love to escape to the movies...The state theatre. ABC....please don't make me sit through commercials!
- Not so much since I moved to Tassie....keep promising myself to start running, riding, paddling again but so far its just that...an empty promise. Keep fit with building and bringing in the wood. Love to watch the tennis
- Other Interests
- I like creating things....next on my list is learning to weld. Renovating, travel and people. I like peoples stories....