Headline“A sucker for a smile and an interesting story.”
Literate, curious, intelligent, maybe a little eccentric. Oh yeah, and sometimes absent-minded. A gentleman, I like to think. Don't hit me if I hold a door open for you.
Conversation and a bit of mild debate are in my family background. Spelling and grammar are important (seems to be a biggie with some people here!). I don't know if a bloke is supposed to say this, but I'm told I'm a good listener and hugger. Can sew on buttons and fold a fitted sheet.
A day of skiing followed by relaxing by the fire in a cosy lodge. Catching a ferry to an SSO concert. Reading on the beach. I'm drawn to water and bushland.
I'm quite busy studying for a change in career, but I'm managing my time better now. Where I am, I hope to spend time meeting, chatting, and learning about people, sometimes on my turf, sometimes on theirs. If we do those things on a number of occasions, well . . .
At a glance
|Age||48 years old||40 - 50 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Upper North Shore, NSW||Within 10km|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Divorced, Separated, Widowed|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Average, Slim|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Living with them, Sometimes living with them, Don't live with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Industry||Education / Science|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
What I'm looking for
As I said, company and conversation over coffee/drinks/dinner. Hopefully you'll be happy to stroll and chat. If some of my interests are similar to yours, that's great, but a few differences in life experience will also make for interesting time.
- Most. I admire the Piano Men (Billy and Elton) and others that take me back. Classical of all periods. Live gigs at 616 occasionally. Apart from those, I enjoy many and tolerate most, especially live.
- Nutritional Information labels. Saturday Herald. And university books ad nauseam.
- Movies & TV
- What are they? In the old days a fan of Blackadder and his sort, now QI and The Last Leg. Constantly kept awake late by quality British detective shows. For movies, The Intouchables to sci-fi. No "silly" comedies thanks (you listening, Will Ferrell?), but I can handle rom-coms. Plenty more also.
- Dad jokes. I love skiing, and can sail a hobie cat without capsizing. Well, I can now.
- Other Interests
- Snorkelling, kayaking, seafood near the water, the Snowy Mountains summer and winter, concerts followed by dinner. Browsing anything with the right person.