- Last online:
- 23 Jan '17
Headline“If you don't mind the occasional Dad joke . . . or lots of them.”
Hard to sum up! Literate, curious, intelligent, maybe a little eccentric. Oh yeah, and sometimes absent-minded. A gentleman, I like to think. Don't hit me if I hold a door open for you.
I enjoy conversation and a bit of mild debate, which is in my family background. Spelling and grammar are important (seems to be a biggie with some people here!). I don't know if a bloke is supposed to say this, but I'm told I'm a good listener and hugger. Can sew on buttons and fold a fitted sheet.
We will ski.
What do I enjoy? A day of skiing followed by relaxing by the fire in a cosy lodge. Catching a ferry to an SSO concert. Reading on the beach. I'm drawn to water, snow and bushland. I'm a musician and teacher but not a dancer. Hopefully that isn't an obstacle, because I might be willing to learn for the right person.
I'm quite busy studying for a change in career, but I'm managing my time better now. Where I am, I hope to spend time meeting, chatting, and learning about people, sometimes on my turf, sometimes on theirs.
At a glance
|Age||47 years old||40 - 50 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Upper North Shore, NSW||Within 10km|
|Relationship status||Single||Single, Separated, Widowed, Divorced|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||Yes, have pets, No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Industry||Education / Science|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
What I'm looking for
As I said, company and conversation over coffee/drinks/dinner, and whatever follows, which hopefully explains the lack of details in the partners' column. If some of my interests are similar to yours, that's great, but a few differences in life experience will also make for interesting time.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Most. I admire the Piano Men (Billy and Elton) and others that take me back. Classical of all periods. Live gigs at 616 occasionally. Apart from those, I enjoy many and tolerate most, especially live.
- Nutritional Information labels. Saturday Herald. And university books ad nauseam.
- Movies & TV
- What are they? In the old days, a fan of Blackadder and his sort, now QI and The Last Leg. Constantly kept awake late by quality British detective shows. For movies, The Intouchables to sci-fi. No "silly" comedies thanks (you listening, Will Ferrell?), but I can handle rom-coms. Plenty more, also.
- Dad jokes. Baseball. I love skiing, and can sail a hobie cat without capsizing. Well, I can now.
- Other Interests
- Snorkelling, kayaking, seafood near the water, the Snowy Mountains summer and winter, camping with my son, concerts followed by dinner. Not a wild outdoorsman, but I do these things occasionally and enjoy them. Browsing anything with the right person.