65, Male, Single, Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC
- Last online:
HeadlineDance me to the end of love. L. Cohen.
I am retired from the workforce but not from life. I take an interest in people around me and world events.
I like to keep fit (I think it is 'the moving') - gym, swim, yoga, push bike, walk. I joined a gym in Jan 2004 and go about 4 times a week, but would like other kinds of exercise too, eg. bushwalking, dancing.
A keen scrabble player with my laptop - if you want a game take a guess. I do puzzles in newspapers now and again.
I grew up in the UK and came to Australia in 1979. A failed a teaching course in the mid-70's because I could not control the kids. I worked in IT for nearly 20 years. I studied to become a gym instructor at the CAE in 2006.
I am reading more about relationships, health, fitness etc. and trying to put them into practice. Of the 5 languages of love, I am a person who likes acts of service and quality time together. I want/need to improve with giving/receiving gifts, words of affirmation and touching. Giving and receiving a massage with a mate is nice.
I like to consider myself honest, considerate and a caring person these qualities are important to me and is something I look for in others.
I do ballroom and other styles of dancing, a meal at a restaurant, red wine, cinema, concerts, etc.
I enjoy travelling - meeting people, beautiful nature, museums, temples, castles, etc. Still interested in doing some more sometime. I went overland to India from Athens(1976-77), South and Central America - 1978, and Oz (1979), Did a lot of cycling in late 1980 from Brisbane to Cairns and back to Melbourne (I let the train take the strain, so I was not cycling all the way).
Cuba is on my list of places to visit.
going to Spain and Morocco in 2017.
If emailing, don't get cold feet - I'll buy the coffee and a cake.
At a glance
- 65 years old
- Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC
- 5'7/170 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Aquarius
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Blonde
- Body Type - Athletic
- Sometimes have children at home - 3 children aged 28 to 33 yo
- Don't want children
- Like pets but do not have any
- Education - Degree
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
his ideal partner
- 58 - 70 years old
- Within 25km
- Single, Separated, Widowed, Divorced
- at most 5'8/172 cm
- Body Type - Average, Slim, Athletic
- New Age, Other religion, Buddhist, Atheist, Agnostic
- No strong political beliefs, Left wing, Swinging voter
What I'm looking for
Non-smoking(essential), vegetarian(optional), fit (would be nice), intelligent(I'm blond as well - :) ), easy going, friendly, relaxed, good appetite. The age range does not change! So let's say 10 years either way. Whether a new friend or mate - some good social interaction is desired.
- 60's and 70's pop, rock,folk. Some classical pieces. A bit of blues, jazz and reggae. Mostly classical CD's. The MSO at the Myer music bowl in Feb. Since 2007 I have been to the National Folk Festival in Canberra at Easter. Dancing to some music from the 30's onwards.
- Self development books on yoga, health, fitness, diet, relationships, legal books. Fiction such as Ludlum, Grisham, Steinbeck, Mitchener, Orwell, Sartre, Camus, Hesse, Dostoevsky, A. A. Milne, Spike Milligan. Always try to have something to read while travelling.
- Movies & TV
- A Fish Called Wanda, Life of Brian, Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers. Fantasia, Allegro Non Troppo, Shakespeare in Love, is that enough? No!! Slumdog Millionaire and Zorba the Greek. TV - mainly ABC and SBS
- Go to a gym, walk, swim, yoga, cycle. Sometimes watch a bit of soccer, cricket, rugby and netball (my girls used to play) on TV. Mostly in the sports news.
- Other Interests
- Gardening - growing vegetables and herbs. Belong to a local garden club. Dancing - Colonial, Irish, contra and ballroom. Scrabble. Played bridge, backgammon and crib in the past. Folk festivals, camping, bushwalking. West African drumming class. Sudoko and crossword puzzles. Cinema, theatre.