54, Female, Single, Melbourne City, VIC
- Last online:
- 21 Jun '18
HeadlineAre you happy to not live together? I have a strong social conscience, smile and laugh readily and am kind and loving.
Soft and fun on the outside, strong and resilient on the inside, I studied music and then enough philosophy to not want to live life in a regular way. Until a few years ago I really found my passion by throwing myself heart and soul into challenging war, nukes, injustice etc and doing all I could to help build alternatives. I have now moved away from organised politics. I guess the time most people spent in their twenties and thirties working I spent studying and doing political activism, only working enough to survive.
Now I am fifty-four I am prioritising ensuring I can spend enough time with my family and friends - particularly my six gorgeous nephews and nieces who range in age from 7 to 17yo. I still hold strong progressive views but I'm very glad younger people are taking up the leadership roles now.
I've been lucky to have spent six and a half years overseas - living in England and New Zealand, backpacking through South America and Africa and teaching English to Tibetan refugees in India. A few years ago I was in the Palestinian Territories, Egypt and Jordan, but more recently have been to safer places - hiking in the Tarkine, visiting the Arctic and walking in the national parks of Canada and Alaska.
I have a healthy lifestyle. I don't drink alcohol or coffee but I don't mind if you do. I eat lots of delicious organic food and I try to keep myself fit by swimming and doing yoga and pilates classes each week. I also love bushwalking.
I have reduced my piano student numbers to only sixteen a week now. I can't believe that I had the energy for fifty-two! This year I plan to smell as many roses as possible! Would you like to smell them with me?
At a glance
- 54 years old
- Melbourne City, VIC
- 5'9/175 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Personality - Sometimes Social
- Eye colour - Brown
- Hair colour - Grey
- Body Type - Slim
- Have no children
- Like pets but do not have any
- Education - Degree
- Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation
- Left wing
- Other special diet
her ideal partner
- 50 - 60 years old
- Within 25km
- Divorced, Separated, Widowed, Single
- at least 5'11/180 cm
- Don't want children
- Education - Degree, Post Graduate
- Left wing
- Non-drinker, Occasional/social drinker
What I'm looking for
Someone I'm stimulated by and attracted to physically, emotionally and mentally. He would be kind, loyal and have a broadly similar outlook on life and the world. We could relax, connect and laugh together doing things we both enjoyed.
- I have an intense relationship to music - if I love it I tend to get very absorbed in it. If I don't like it I don't want to hear it. The music I love is usually either classical, alternative or soulful/meaningful.
- I read The Age and online political articles most days. I also have many mostly 'heavy' books waiting patiently on my bookshelves - The Australian Constitution, History of the World, International Relations, War and Peace etc.
- Movies & TV
- I like films with some depth and insight into the human condition and enjoyed some MIFF films. I'm watching too much television at the moment but it's so relaxing!
- I swim, do yoga and pilates and get around by bike. I love bush walking and want to do as much as possible this year.
- Other Interests
- Trying to get completely organised (joke), making my apartment as sustainable as possible, feeling light, free and lucky and trying to be and do the best I can.