65, Female, Divorced, Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS
- Last online:
HeadlineI'm looking for friendship only
One of the reasons I'm looking for friendship only is because lots of alone and quiet time is really important to me, and this doesn't seem to lend itself to having a relationship. Honestly? I'm an imperfect and difficult woman, who can be cantankerous and grumpy at times. I don't think I'm relationship material - I have tried many times and failed. I've made my mistakes & learnt from them.
I''m very independent, reasonably intelligent, unpretentious and not bored with my own company, but someone to do stuff with would be good - I'm a good, loyal and caring friend. I have an inquiring, open mind, always interested in learning new things, am an independent thinker and don't run with the herd; I'm fun, sunny, warm & funny (well, I think so) with a dry/wry sense of humour; but also serious - concerned about what people are doing to the environment, each other & themselves.
My passions include reading, writing, music, scintillating conversations and quiet times. I'm also careful about treading lightly in the world, but my carbon footprint is severely mucked up by having my grandchildren in South Africa - I go back every year to see them.
Being fit & strong is important to me; I'm active and 'into' a healthy lifestyle-I'm vegetarian, but accept that you aren't.
I'm not a city person (love Hobart, however!) nor a party animal and tend to be rather private. I love camping in a quiet place in the bush (though I haven't done this for a while), preferably where no-one else is, and enjoy travelling off the beaten track. Have travelled fairly widely, both in & out of Africa; would love to do more...time and money permitting.
I'm authentic & non-materialistic: not into owning things - except my music & books.
At a glance
- 65 years old
- Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS
- 5'10/177 cm
- South African
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Capricorn
- Personality - Private
- Eye colour - Green
- Hair colour - Grey
- Body Type - Slim
- Have no children at home - 2 children aged 44 to 46 yo
- Don't want children
- Have no pets
- Education - Degree
- Hospitality / Tourism / Travel
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
her ideal partner
- 60 - 75 years old
- Within 50km
- at least 5'11/180 cm
- Body Type - Athletic, Slim
- Don't want children
- Atheist, Agnostic, Other religion, Buddhist
- Left wing
What I'm looking for
As someone who understands the need for alone time, my friend would probably prefer a quiet life, even be reclusive and shy, be creative and into an alternative lifestyle, sustainable living and the environment. He'd be reflective, would know lots of stuff & wouldn't be politically conservative.
- Choice is mood-dependent & varies from leonard cohen, tom waits, patti smith, laurie anderson, mazzy starr, nick cave etc to mozart, chopin, schubert, beethoven etc, opera & indigenous music - too many to mention. Used to play guitar and sing; have recently started playing piano again.
- I'm a voracious reader - from autobiographies and good novels to travel books (eg paul theroux). Have some favourite authors (doris lessing, john fowles, patrick white, richard flanagan, marlene van niekerk, kate atkinson, anthony sher). like to own and reread good books.Love falling asleep reading
- Movies & TV
- Prefer intelligent art house movies such as those made by the coen bros and mike leigh and documentaries that make me think. Would rather read than watch tv. Love to watch movies on the big screen, but dvds at home are also cool
- I'm not a huge sports fan but do get enthusiastic about South Africa thumping any other country, including Australia (sorry) at rugby. If I heard nkosi 'sikelele iafrika (n/anthem) being sung, I could even get excited watching bowls (apologies to the bowls players)
- Other Interests
- I love learning new things, walking, writing, art, bird watching, yoga, healthy living, growing things, learning, my grandchildren, talking about stuff, being quiet,making music, travelling